OTHER GENEALOGY RESOURCES
Clermont County, Ohio
Genealogy, History & Facts
County Vital Records ∣ County Census Records ∣ County Courthouse and Government Records ∣
County Societies, Family History Resources and County Genealogy Links
Clermont County, Ohio Facts
When was Clermont County, OH Created?
Clermont County was created on December 6, 1800 from Hamilton County . This county was named for French for “clear mountain” .
What is the County Seat of Clermont County, OH?
The County Seat is located in Batavia also, the county government website is www.clermontcountyohio.gov/ .
What counties are adjacent to Clermont County, OH?
Bordering Counties are Warren County, Clinton County, Brown County, Bracken County, Kentucky, Pendleton County, Kentucky, Campbell County, Kentucky, Hamilton County .
Clermont County, OH Vital Records
Where can find Clermont County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Clermont County vital records can be found at the Ohio Department of Health which has Birth Records since Dec 20, 1908; Death Records since since 1954 and copies of Marriage and Divorce Records since 1918 to present There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Ohio for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Clermont County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Ohio Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail. The Archives Division has copies of births before 1908, death before 1944 and marriage records before 1949.
- Marriage records of Clermont County, Ohio, 1800-1850
- County Vital Records Held at the OHS
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Ohio Marriage Project
- Ohio, County Births, 1856-1909
- Ohio, Births and Christenings Index, 1800-1962
- Ohio, Births and Christenings, 1821-1962
- Ohio, Marriages, 1800-1958
- Ohio, County Marriages, 1790-1950
- Ohio Marriage Index, 1970, 1972-2007
- Ohio Marriages, 1803-1900
- Ohio Divorce Index, 1962-1963, 1967-1971, 1973-2007
- Ohio Death Certificate Index, 1913 – 1944
- Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953
- Ohio, Death Index, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
- Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1932, 1938-1944, and 1958-2007
Clermont County, OH Census Records
What Clermont County, OH census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Clermont County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Clermont Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clermont Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Clermont Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Ohio Census Records Research Guide
Clermont County, OH Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Clermont County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Clermont County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Ohio courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Ohio residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Clermont County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Ohio Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Clermont County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 76 S. Riverside, Batavia 45103-2602
- Phone: (513) 732-7300
- Clermont County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: 2379 Clermont Center Drive, Batavia, OH 45103
- Phone: (513) 732- 7243
- Marriage Records: 1801
- Probate Records: 1800
- Clermont County Recorder
- Address: 101 Main St., Batavia, Ohio 45103-2958
- Phone: 513-732-7236
- Land Records: 1800
- Clermont County Clerk of Court of Common Pleas
- Address: 270 East Main Street, Batavia, OH 45103
- Court Records: 1801
- Ohio, Wills and Probate Records, 1786-1998
- BLM Land Records
- Clermont County USGenWeb Archives Project
Clermont County, OH Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Clermont County, OH?
A list of Clermont County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Ohio Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Clermont County Chapter, OGS, P.O. Box 394, Batavia, OH 45103-0394; meets at the Clermont County Public Library, Batavia Branch, 180 S. 3rd St., Batavia, OH on the 1st Saturday of each month at 1:00 PM.. The Clermont County Genealogical Society collects, preserves, and publishes records of the county. The group offers at least one educational workshop each year.
- Amelia Area Historical Society, PO Box 481, 44 Oak St, Amelia, OH 45102-0481; Phone: (513) 753-5777; The Amelia Area Historical Society is leasing an 1850 Historical Home owned by the Village of Amelia and restoring same as money becomes available. The goal is to operate a museum and associated facility for the collection and preservation of historically significant information regarding the village and the surrounding area.
- Clermont County Historical Society, PO Box 14, Batavia, OH 45103-0014; Phone: (513) 753-8672; The Clermont County Historical Society preserves, protects and promotes the historical heritage of Clermont County. Programs at the Society’s monthly meetings include illustrated talks, films, and visits to museums and historic sites.
- Goshen Township Historical Society, Inc., PO Box 671, Goshen, OH 45122-0671; Phone: (513) 575-1027; The Goshen Township Historical Society operates the Anchorage, a circa 1836 stone house, as its museum.
- Historic New Richmond, Inc. , PO Box 2, New Richmond, OH 45157-0002; Phone: (513) 553-9955; Historic New Richmond maintains the Ross-Goudy House, built before the Civil War. Collections include historic records and artifacts from the greater New Richmond area.
- Owensville Historical Society, PO Box 743, Owensville, OH 45160-0743; Phone: (513) 732-6358
- Ohio Historical Society, Archives-Library Division, 1982 Velma Avenue, Columbus, OH 43211; Telephone: 614-297-2300
- Ohio Genealogical Society, 713 South Main Street, Mansfield OH 44907-1644
Where can I connect with other Clermont County, OH Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Ohio Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Ohio State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Clermont County, Ohio Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Clermont County
- Clermont County, Ohio Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com) read and post messages with other genealogy researchers for Clermont County
What other genealogical resources are available in Clermont County, OH?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Clermont County.
Clermont Co. OH Books, Newspapers & Publications
- Ohio Newspapers Books & Publications Research Guide
- Ohio historical newspaper archives online (newspapers.com)
- Historical Newspapers from Ohio (1802 – 1970) (genealogybank.com)
- Clermont County, Ohio Books (amazon.com)
- Search Ohio Obituaries (1985 to current) (genealogybank.com)
- Clermont County Newspaper Articles (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont County Obituaries (usgwarchives.net)
Clermont Co. OH Church / Bible Records & Cemeteries / Graveyards
- Clermont Co., Ohio Graves (findagrave.com)
- Clermont County Cemetery Transcriptions and Tombstone Photos (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont Co. Ohio Tombstone Photo Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont County Tombstone Transcription Project (usgwtombstones.org)
- Clermont Co., Ohio Cemeteries (Internment.net)
- Clermont Co., Ohio Cemetery Books (amazon.com)
- Clermont Co. Church Records (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont Co. Bible Records (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont County, Ohio Church Books (amazon.com)
Clermont Co. OH Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
- Create a Free Family Tree (ancestry.com)
- County Biographies (usgwarchives.net)
- Penny Postcards From Clermont Co. (usgwarchives.net)
- County Photos (usgwarchives.net)
Clermont Co. OH General and History Websites
- See Also State History for Ohio
- Clermont County Ohio (genealogytrails.com)
- Clermont County, Ohio Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Clermont County, Ohio Wiki (familysearch.org)
- Clermont Co. OH Genealogy (kindredtrails.com)
- Family History Library (familysearch.org)
- Clermont County History (usgwarchives.net)
- Clermont County, Ohio (linkpendium.com)
- Cyndi’s List – United States – Ohio – Counties – Clermont (cyndislist.com)
- Clermont Co. OHGenweb (ohgenweb.org)
- Clermont County Genealogy Queries (cousinconnect.com)
- Clermont Co. Data Collections (search.ancestry.com)
Clermont Co. OH Immigration & Naturalization
- See Also Statewide Immigration and Naturalization Links for Ohio
- Clermont County Naturalization Records held by OHS (ohiohistory.org)
Clermont Co. OH Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
- See Also Statewide Maps and Atlas Links for Ohio
- Clermont Co., Ohio Township Map
- Adams County Maps Index (usgwarchives.net)
- 1895 Clermont County Map (livgenmi.com)
Clermont Co. OH Military Records
- Ohio Military Records Research Guide
- Clermont County Military Records (usgwarchives.net)
- Ohio Military Records (Fold3.com) provides access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents belonging to the Ohio women and men which served. Great for Clermont County genealogists, researchers, historians and a lot more.