Campbell County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Campbell County, Kentucky Facts
Campbell County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Campbell County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Campbell County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Campbell County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Campbell County, KY Census Records
What Campbell County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Campbell County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Campbell Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Campbell Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Campbell Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Campbell Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Campbell County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Campbell County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Campbell County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Campbell County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Campbelld County Clerk
- Address: 340 York Street, Newport, KY, 41071
- Phone: (859) 292-3885
- Marriage Records: 1795
- Land Records: 1795
- Probate Records: 1795
- Campbell County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Campbell County Courthouse, 330 York St., Newport, KY 41071
- Phone: (859) 292-6305
- Court Records: 1791
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Campbell County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Campbell County USGenWeb Archives Project
Campbell County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Campbell County, KY?
A list of Campbell County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Campbell County Historical and Genealogical Society, 19 East Main St, Alexandria, Ky 41001; Phone:(859)635-6407 ; Membership: $10.00 calendar year. Research Office Hours: Tues. 12pm to 8pm and Sat. 10am to 3pm
- Campbell/Pendleton Historical Group, 37 Homestead Place, Ft. Thomas KY 41075
- Heritage League & Historical Society, 212 Linden Avenue, Southgate KY 41071
Where can I connect with other Campbell County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Campbell County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Campbell County
- Campbell County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYCAMPBE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Campbell County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Campbell County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Campbell County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.