Griggs County, North Dakota
Townships include Addie, Ball Hill, Bartley, Broadview, Bryan, Clearfield, Cooperstown, Dover, Greenfield, Helena, Jessie, Kingsley, Lenora, Mabel, Pilot Mound, Romness, Rosendal, Sverdrup, Tyrol, Walum, Washburn, Willow.
Griggs County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Griggs County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Griggs County Historical Society, P. O. Box 242, Cooperstown, ND 58425-0242, 701-797-2159
- Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile State Historic Site, P. O. Box 6, Cooperstown ND 58425-0006
- Griggs County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Griggs County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Griggs County (usgwarchives.net)
Griggs County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Griggs County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Griggs County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Griggs County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 808 Rollin Ave SW, Cooperstown, ND 58425
- Phone: (701) 797-2772
- Griggs County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1881
- Griggs County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1883
- Probate Records: 1881
- Court Records: 1881
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Griggs County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Griggs County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Griggs County genealogy or family history related sites.