Stutsman County, North Dakota
Stutsman County was established on January 04, 1873 from Pembina County.
Townships include Alexander, Ashland, Bloom, Bloomenfield, Buchana, Chicago, Conklin, Corinne, Corwin, Courtenay, Cusator, Deer Lake, Durham, Edmunds, Eldridge, Flint, Fried, Gerber, Germania, Glacier, Gray, Griffin, Hidden, Homer, Iosco, Jim River Valley, Kensal, Lenton, Lippert, Lowery, Lyon, Manns, Marstonmoor, Midway, Montpelier, Moon Lake, Newbury, Nogosek, Paris, Peterson, Pingree, Pipestem Valley, Plainview, Rose, Round Top, St. Paul, Severn, Sharlow, Sinclair, Spiritwood, Stirton, Streeter, Strong, Sydney, Valley Spring, Wadsworth, Walters, Weld, Windsor, Winfield, Woodbury, Ypsilanti.
Stutsman County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Stutsman Co. Stutsman Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. Stutsman Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1880. Stutsman Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Stutsman County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Stutsman County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Stutsman County Memorial Museum, P. O. Box 1002, Jamestown, ND 58401-1002, 701-252-6741
- 1883 Courthouse Committee, 3183 Highway 20, Jamestown, ND 58401-9752
- Fort Seward Interpretive Center, P. O. Box 1393, Jamestown, ND 58401-1393, 701-320-6447
- National Buffalo Museum, 500 17th St. S.E., Jamestown, ND 58402, 701-252-8648 or 1-800-807-1511
- Stutsman County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Stutsman County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Stutsman County (usgwarchives.net)
Stutsman County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Stutsman County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Stutsman County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Stutsman County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 511 2nd Ave SE, Jamestown, ND 58401
- Phone: (701) 252-9042
- Stutsman County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1873
- Stutsman County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1884
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Stutsman County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Stutsman County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Stutsman County genealogy or family history related sites.