Eddy County, North Dakota
Eddy County was established on March 09, 1885 from Foster County.
The Eddy County Seat is situated in New Rockford and the county government website is unknown
Townships include Bush, Cherry Lake, Columbia, Colvin, Eddy, Freeborn, Secure Site, Gates, Grandfield, Hillsdale, Lake Washington, Munster, New Rockford, Paradise, Pleasant Prairie, Rosefield, Sheldon, Superior, Tiffany.
Eddy County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Eddy County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Eddy County Museum & Historical Society, 6840 18th Street NE, New Rockford, ND 58356-1707, 701-947-5405
- Sheyenne Log Cabin Museum, 1226 1st Ave N, New Rockford, ND 58356-1415, 701-996-2316
- Eddy County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Eddy County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Eddy County (usgwarchives.net)
Eddy County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Eddy County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Eddy County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Eddy County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 524 Central Ave, New Rockford, ND 58356
- Phone: (701) 947-2813
- Eddy County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents; keeping a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership.
- Marriage Records: 1887
- Land Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1885
- Court Records: 1885
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Eddy County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Eddy County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Eddy County genealogy or family history related sites.