Lincoln County, Washington
Lincoln County was founded on November 24, 1883 from Whitman County.
Lincoln County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lincoln County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Lincoln County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Lincoln County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Big Bend Historical Society, PO Box 523, Wilbur, WA 99185-0166. Phone 509-647-5863.
- Lincoln County Historical Society & Museum, Box 585, Davenport, WA 99122. Phone 509-725-6711.
- Odessa Historical Museum, W 4th and Elm, Odessa, WA 99159. Phone 509-982-2539. Exhibits show how the early settlers, who were mainly German-Russian wheat farmers, lived, worked and played in the Odessa countryside when Odessa was first settled at the turn of the century. Photographs and family histories are also collected.
- Lincoln County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Lincoln County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Lincoln County (usgwarchives.net)
Lincoln County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Lincoln County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Lincoln County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Lincoln County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 450 Logan Street, Davenport WA 99122
- Courthouse hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Lincoln County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1883 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1884
- Land Records: 1883
- Lincoln County Clerk
- Court Records: 1884
- Probate Records: 1886
Lincoln County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lincoln County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Lincoln County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.