Ferry County, Washington
Ferry County was founded on February 21, 1899 from Stevens County.
Ferry County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Ferry County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Ferry County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules exist for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. You’ll find free down loadable in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research.
Ferry County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Ferry County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Colville Keller Tribal Resources Center, Keller, WA 99140. Phone 509-634-2802.
- Inchelium Tribal Resource Center, PO Box 156, Inchelium, WA 99138. Phone 509-722-7037. Fax 509-722-7040.
- Ferry County Museum, Republic Historical Center, Republic, WA 99166.
- Stonerose Fossil Museum, Republic Historical Center, Republic, WA 99166.
- Ferry County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Ferry County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Ferry County (usgwarchives.net)
Ferry County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Ferry County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Ferry County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Ferry County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 350 E Delaware, Republic WA 99166
- Courthouse hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Ferry County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1899 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1900
- Land Records: 1898
- Ferry County Clerk
- Court Records: 1899
- Probate Records: 1899
Ferry County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ferry County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Ferry County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.