Okanogan County, Washington
Okanogan County was founded on February 02, 1888 from Stevens County.
The Okanogan County Seat is situated in Okanogan (Ruby in 1888, Conconully from 1888-1914) and the county government website is http://www.okanogancounty.org/
Okanogan County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Okanogan County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Okanogan County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Okanogan County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- State Archives Central Branch Bledsoe & Washington Archives Building, Central Washington University, 400 E. University Way, Mail Stop 7547, Ellensburg, Washington 98926-7547. Phone: 509-963-2136. Research Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Okanogan County Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 95, Malott, WA 98829-0095; (509) 422-4272. Membership available. Library is housed in the Wilson Research Center.
- Okanogan County Historical Society, 1410 2nd Avenue North, Okanogan, WA 98840-1129; ph: 509-422-4272
- Tonasket Genealogical Society, PO Box 84, Tonasket, WA 98855
- Okanogan County Historical Society & Museum, 1410 2nd N, PO Box 1129, Okanogan, WA 98840. Sponsors the Okanogan Historical Museum, The Shafer Museum, Okanogan Highland Museum and Old Molson. Library is housed in the Wilson Research Center. Historical artifacts and recreated pioneer town portrays the history of Okanogan County.
- Omak Pioneer Club, c/o Betty Jeglum. Phone 509-826-1872
- Riverside Historical Society, c/o Maggie Sasse. Phone 509- 826-0831
- Family History Center Omak, Engh Rd, Omak, WA 98841. Phone 509-826-4802
- Wilson Research Center, 1410 2nd N, PO Box 1129, Okanogan, WA 98840. Joint library of the Genealogical and Historical societies. Includes genealogical reference materials, collection of obituaries, newspaper clipping file, items relating to Okanogan County history, audio and video pioneer interviews, photography collections, Okanogan County newspapers on microfilm, and clipping files. In progress project: computerized database of places, names, authors.
- Old Molson Ghost Town & Museum, Molson Route, Box 128, Oroville, WA 98844. Phone 509-826-0843. Old Molson is a reassembled pioneer town. Museum includes artifacts of local history and Old Molson school attendance records.
- Okanogan County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Okanogan County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Okanogan County (usgwarchives.net)
Okanogan County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Okanogan County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Okanogan County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Okanogan County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 149 3rd N, Okanogan WA 98840
- Courthouse hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Okanogan County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1891 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1888
- Land Records: 1884
- Okanogan County Clerk
- Court Records: 1888
- Probate Records: 1888
- Okanogan County Treasurer All of our records are available to the public and we have people in our office that can show you where the records are kept and get you started on your research.
Okanogan County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Okanogan County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Okanogan County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.