Adams County, Washington
Adams County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Adams County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Adams County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules exist for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Adams Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Adams Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1870 and 1880. Adams Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free down loadable in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research.
Adams County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Adams County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Adams County Historical Society, Box 526, Lind WA 99341
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Mid-Columbia Library [Service center – not open to the public], 4101 E Lattin Rd, West Richland, WA 99353. Phone 509-627-0285. Fax 509-545-2054. The following is a branch of this library system:
- Othello Library, 101 E Main St, Othello, WA 99344. Phone 509-488-9683. Fax 509-488-5321.
- Othello Family History Center Library, 12th & Rainer, Othello, WA 99344. Phone 509-488-6412.
- Ritzville Family History Center Library, 506 S Weber Rd, Ritzville, WA 99169. Phone 509-659-0932.
- Adams County Historical Society Museum, PO Box 526, First St, Lind, WA 99341. Phone 509-677-3393.
- Burroughs Historic Home, PO Box 106, Ritzville, WA 99169. Phone 509-659-0274.
- Othello Community Museum, PO Box 121, 3rd and Larch, Othello, WA 99344. Phone 509-488-2420.
- Greater Othello Chamber of Commerce , 33 E Larch, Othello, WA 99344-1335. Phone 509-488-2683. Fax 488-3123.
- Ritzville Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 122, 111 N Washington St, Ritzville, WA 99169-0122. Phone 509-659-1936.
- Adams County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Adams County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Adams County (usgwarchives.net)
Adams County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Adams County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Adams County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Adams County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 210 W Broadway, Ritzville 99169
- Adams County Auditor
- Phone: (509) 659-3247
- Birth and Death Records: 1891 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1891
- Land Records: 1884
- Adams County Clerk
- Phone: (509) 659-3257
- Court Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1890
Adams County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Adams County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Adams County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.