Franklin County, Washington
Franklin County was founded on November 28, 1883 from Whitman County..
Franklin County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Franklin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Franklin County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Franklin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Tri-City Genealogical Society, PO Box 1410, Richland, WA 99352-1410. Tri-City Genealogical Society’s holdings are located at the Richland Family History Center 1321 Jadwin Ave, Richland, WA. Phone 509-946-6637.
- Franklin County Historical Society & Museum, 305 N Fourth, Pasco, WA 99301. Phone 509-547-3714. Collection includes local yearbooks, telephone directories, scrapbooks, vertical file of local clippings, early day police records, and alphabetized collection of obituaries.
- Basin City Family History Center, 160 Bailie Blvd, Basin City, WA. Phone 509-269-4237.
- State Archives Central Branch Bledsoe & Washington Archives Building, Central Washington University, 400 E. University Way, Mail Stop 7547, Ellensburg, Washington 98926-7547. Phone: 509-963-2136. Research Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Franklin County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Franklin County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Franklin County (usgwarchives.net)
Franklin County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Franklin County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Franklin County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Franklin County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1016 N 4th Ave, Pasco WA 99301-3706
- Courthouse hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Franklin County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1891 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1890
- Land Records: 1880
- Franklin County Clerk
- Court Records: 1884
- Probate Records: 1874
Franklin County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Franklin County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Franklin County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.