Lamoille County, Vermont
Lamoille County was created on October 26, 1835 from Parts of Chittenden County, Franklin County, Orleans County and Washington County.
Places adjacent to Lamoille County are Orleans County, Caledonia County, Washington County, Chittenden County, Franklin County.
Lamoille County vital records from the last five (5) yearscan be found at the Vermont Office of Vital Records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Vermont for current fees and application process. For Records more than five (5) years ago can be ordered from the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration.
You can search online for Lamoille County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Vermont Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Lamoille County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in exploring your family tree. United states federal Population Schedules are available for 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lamoille Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lamoille Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lamoille Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free down loadable and also printable census forms to assist with your research.
Lamoille County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Lamoille County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- RAOGK Volunteers for Vermont (raogk.org)
- Vermont Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Vermont State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Cambridge Historical Society, PO Box 16, Jeffersonville, VT 05464; Phone: (802) 644-5675
- Eden Historical Society, PO Box 33, Eden, VT 05652; Phone: (802) 635-2590 or (802) 635-7269
- Elmore Historical Society, PO Box 123, Lake Elmore, VT 05657; Phone: (802) 888-3618
- Hyde Park Historical Society, 97 Eden Street, Hyde Park, VT 05655
- Johnson Historical Society, PO Box 383, Johnson, VT 05656; Phone: (802) 635-7401
- Morristown Historical Society, PO Box 1299, Morrisville, VT 05661 ; Phone: (802) 888-7617
- Stowe Historical Society, PO Box 730, Stowe, VT 05672; Phone: (802) 253-1518
- Wolcott Historical Society, PO Box 100, Wolcott, VT 05680; Phone: (802) 888-2820 or (802) 888-2746
- Lamoille County, Vermont Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Lamoille County, Vermont Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Lamoille County (usgwarchives.net)
Lamoille County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently forget about the significance of Lamoille County court, probate, and land records data as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Hidden away in Vermont courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Vermont citizens. The odds are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth document of at least quite a few factors of their lives in the Lamoille County court records. Even if your ancestors and forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Lamoille County Courthouse, 154 Main St, Hyde Park, VT 05655; (802) 888-2207, has Probate Records from 1837 to present.
- Belvidere Town Clerk, 3996 VT RTE 109, Belvidere, VT 05442 ; Phone: (802)644-6621
- Cambridge Town Clerk, P.O. Box 127, Jeffersonville, VT 05464 ; Phone: (802)644-2251
- Eden Town Clerk, 71 Old Schoolhouse Rd., Eden Mills, VT 05653 ; Phone: (802)635-2528
- Elmore Town Clerk, P.O. Box 123, Lake Elmore, VT 05657 ; Phone: (802)888-2637
- Hyde Park Town Clerk, P.O. Box 98, Hyde Park, VT 05655-0098; Phone: (802)888-2300
- Johnson Town Clerk, P.O. Box 383, Johnson, VT 05656 ; Phone: (802)635-2611
- Morristown Town Clerk, P. O. Box 748, Morrisville, VT 05661-0748; Phone: (802)888-6370
- Stowe Town Clerk, P.O. Box 248, Stowe, VT 05672 ; Phone: (802)253-6133
- Waterville Town Clerk, P.O. Box 31, Waterville, VT 05492 ; Phone: (802)644-8865
- Wolcott Town Clerk, P.O. Box 100, Wolcott, VT 05680 ; Phone: (802)888-2746
Lamoille County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources pertaining to Lamoille County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a cost. This is just a listing which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite Lamoille County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Lamoille Co. VT Books, Newspapers & Publications
Lamoille Co. VT Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- Vermont Vital Records Research Guide (raogk.org)
- Vermont, Vital Records, 1760-1954 (familysearch.org)Name index and images (index cards) of town clerk transcriptions of births, marriages and deaths, 1760-1954. This collection is complete for years 1871-1908.
- Vermont, Vital Records, 1760-2003 (familysearch.org) Images from microfilm of births, marriages and deaths. The records for 1955-1979 are arranged alphabetically. Images courtesy of Ancestry.com and the Vermont State Archives.
- Vermont, Births and Christenings, 1765-1908 (familysearch.org) ame index to birth, baptism and christening records from the state of Vermont. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later.
- Vermont, Deaths and Burials, 1871-1965 (familysearch.org) Name index to death and burial records from the state of Vermont. Microfilm copies of these records are available at the Family History Library and Family History Centers. This set contains 74,099 records. The year range represents most of the records. A few records may be earlier or later.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com)
Lamoille Co. VT Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
- Vermont Court Records Research Guide (raogk.org)
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. vii, town of Morristown (search.ancestry.com)
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. ii, town of Cambridge (search.ancestry.com)
- Inventory of the town, village and city archives of Vermont, no. 8, Lamoille County, vol. v, town of Hyde Park (search.ancestry.com)
- Vermont, Town Records, 1850-2005 (familysearch.org) Images of Vermont vital records from various counties and towns.
- Vermont, Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1732-2005 (familysearch.org) Vital and town records acquired from local town clerk offices.
- Vermont, Land Records, Early to 1900 (familysearch.org) Land records give the locations and dates for land transactions with the names of buyers and sellers. Most volumes of land records have indexes of buyers and sellers. Look in the indexes first to find the volumes and page numbers where the actual land records can be found. Then look in the appropriate land records volumes to see the images of the deeds. This index currently has the following years: 1850 to 1900
- Vermont, Probate Files, 1791-1919 (familysearch.org) Index and images of probate estate files. Each estate file consists of multiple images. Currently images are available for Chittenden and Essex Counties. Additional counties will be added later.
- Vermont, Town Records, 1850-2005 (familysearch.org) Images of Vermont vital records from various counties and towns. Curently includes only records from the following counties: Addison, Bennington, Chittenden, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans, and Rutland.
- BLM Land Records (glorecords.blm.gov)
Lamoille Co. VT Census Records
Lamoille Co. VT Cemeteries & Church Records
Lamoille Co. VT Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Lamoille Co. VT General and History Websites
Lamoille Co. VT Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Lamoille Co. VT Military Records
- Vermont Military Records Research Guide (raogk.org)
- Vermont, Enrolled Militia Records, 1861-1867 (familysearch.org) Index and images of Vermont enrolled militia records that identify thousands of young men who served in the military or who were eligible for service. Includes some corrected entries.
- Vermont Military Records (fold3.com) gives easy access to military records, stories, photos, and personal documents of the Vermont men and women which served. Great for Lamoille County genealogists, researchers, historians and much more.
Lamoille Co. VT Schools & Directories
- Gazetteer and business directory of Lamoille and Orleans Counties, Vt., for 1883-84 (search.ancestry.com)
- Vermont City Directories (search.ancestry.com) This database is a collection of city directories for various years and cities in Vermont. Generally a city directory will contain an alphabetical list of its citizens, listing the names of the heads of households, their addresses, and occupational information. Sometimes the wife's name will be listed in parentheses or italics following the husband's. Often, dates of deaths of individuals listed in the previous year's directory are listed as well as the names of partners of firms, and when possible, the forwarding addresses or post offices of people who moved to another town. In addition to the alphabetical portion, a city directory may also contain a business directory, street directory, governmental directory, and listings of town officers, schools, societies, churches, post offices, and other miscellaneous matters of general and local interest.