Warren County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Warren County, Missouri Facts
When was Warren County, MO Created?
Warren County was created on January 5, 1833 from Montgomery County.
Warren County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Warren County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Warren County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Warren County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Warren County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Warren County, MO Census Records
What Warren County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Warren County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Warren Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Warren Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Warren County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Warren County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Warren County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Warren County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Warren County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 104 W. Main, Warrenton, MO 63383
- Warren County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: (636) 456-9800
- Marriage Records: 1833
- Land Records: 1833
- Warren County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (636) 456-3363
- Probate Records: 1833
- Court & Divorce Records: 1833
- Warren County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (636) 456-3331
- Birth & Death Records: 1884–94
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Warren County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Warren County, MO?
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Boone-Duden Historical Society, P.O. Box 82, New Melle, MO 63365, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Warren County Historical Society, P.O. Box 12 , Market and Walton Streets , Warrenton, MO 63383, Phone: (636) 456-3820
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Warren County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Warren County
- Warren County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Warren County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Warren County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.