Lincoln County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lincoln County, Missouri Facts
When was Lincoln County, MO Created?
Lincoln County was created on December 14, 1818 (effective January 1, 1819) from St. Charles County.
Lincoln County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Lincoln County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lincoln County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lincoln County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Lincoln County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Lincoln County, MO Census Records
What Lincoln County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lincoln County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lincoln Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Lincoln Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lincoln Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lincoln Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Lincoln County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lincoln County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Lincoln County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Lincoln County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lincoln County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 201 Main St., Troy, MO 63379
- Lincoln County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 636-528-0325
- Marriage Records: 1825
- Land Records: 1819
- Lincoln County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Address: Lincoln County Justice Center, 45 Business Park Drive, Troy, MO 63379
- Phone: (636) 528-6300
- Probate Records: 1820
- Court & Divorce Records: 1819
- Lincoln County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (636) 528-6300
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-84
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Lincoln County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lincoln County, MO?
A list of Lincoln County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Boone-Duden Historical Society, P.O. Box 82, New Melle, MO 63365
- Lincoln County Missouri Genealogical Society, 1023 Ridge Road, Troy, MO 63379-5654
- Lincoln County Historical and Archeological Society, 211 West Collier Street, Troy, MO 63379; Phone: (636) 338-4344
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Lincoln County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lincoln County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Lincoln County
- Lincoln County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lincoln County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lincoln County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.