Cass County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Cass County, Missouri Facts
When was Cass County, MO Created?
Cass County was created on March 3, 1835 from Jackson County.
Cass County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Cass County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Cass County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Cass County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Cass County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Cass County, MO Census Records
What Cass County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Cass County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Cass Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Cass Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Cass Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Cass Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Cass County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Cass County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Cass County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Cass County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Cass County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 102 E Wall St, Harrisonville, MO 64701
- Cass County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 816-380-8123
- Marriage Records: 1836
- Land Records: 1837
- Cass County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 816-380-8227
- Probate Records: 1835
- Court & Divorce Records: 1835
- Cass County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: 816-380-8102
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-1903
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Cass County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Cass County, MO?
A list of Cass County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Cass County Historical Society, P O Box 406, 400 E Mechanic St., Harrisonville, MO 64701-0406; Phone: (816) 887-2393
- Cass County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 406, 400 E. Mechanic St., Harrisonville, MO 64701; (816) 380-4396
- Belton Historical Society, P.O. Box 1144, 512 Main Street, Belton, MO 64012; Phone: (816) 322-3977
- Raymore Historical Society, P.O. Box 1483, 612 West Foxwood Drive, Raymore, MO 64083
- Belton, Grandview & Kansas City Railroad Co, 502 Walnut, Belton, MO 64012-2516; Phone: (816) 331-0630
- Freeman Historical Society, P.O. Box 13, Freeman, MO 64746
- Pleasant Hill Historical Society, 125 Wyoming Street, Pleasant Hill, MO 64080; Mailing address is P.O. Box 31, Pleasant Hill, MO 64080
- West Central Missouri Genealogical Society and Library , 705 Broad Street, Warrensburg, MO 64093-2032; Phone: (660) 747-6264
- Heart of America Genealogical Society and Library, c/o Kansas City Public Library, 311 East Twelfth Street, Kansas City, MO 64106
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Cass County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Cass County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Cass County
- Cass County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Cass County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Cass County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.