Dodge County, Wisconsin
Genealogy, History & Facts
Dodge County, Wisconsin Facts
Dodge County, WI Vital Records
Where can find Dodge County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dodge County vital records can be found at the Wisconsin Office of Vital Records has copies of Birth, Marriage, Divorce & Death Records reported since 1907. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Wisconsin for current fees and application process..
You can search online for Dodge County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Wisconsin Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Wisconsin Marriage Project
- Earliest Registration Dates by County
- Pre-1907 Birth Index
- Wisconsin, Births and Christenings, 1826-1926
- Wisconsin, Divorce Index, 1965-1984
- Wisconsin Marriage Index 1852-1907
- Wisconsin Marriage Index (selected entries pre-1907)
- Wisconsin, Marriage Index, 1973-1997
- Wisconsin, Marriages, 1836-1930
- Pre-1892 Wisconsin Brides and/or Grooms from Maine State Archives Cards
- Wisconsin, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1968
- Pre-1907 Death Index
- 1959-1979 Death Index
- 1979-1984 Death Index
Dodge County, WI Census Records
What Dodge County, WI census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Dodge County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840 (as Wisconsin Territory), 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890 (fragment, see below), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Dodge Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dodge Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dodge Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research.
There are Wisconsin State censuses from 1895 and 1905. Also the Wisconsin Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index for 1820-1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Wisconsin Census Records Research Guide
Dodge County, WI Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Dodge County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Dodge County.The date listed for each category of record is usually the earliest registration filed. The earliest date does not indicate that there are numerous records for that year and does not mean that all such events were actually registered.
- Dodge County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: Dodge County Administration Building, 127 East Oak Street, Juneau, WI 53039; Phone: 920.386.3600
- County was attached to Milwaukee County for county and judicial purposes for 1836–40. Some early records may be found there.
- Dodge County Register of Deeds
- Phone: 920-386-3720
- Birth Records: 1870
- Marriage Records: 1843
- Death Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1877
- Dodge County Register in Probate Office
- Phone: 920-386-3550
- Probate Records: 1844
- Dodge County Clerk of Court Office
- Phone: (920) 386-3570
- Court Records: 1844
- Public Records of the Consolidated Court Automation Programs provides access to certain public records of the circuit courts of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin, Probate Estate Files, 1848-1935
- U.S., Indexed Early Land Ownership and Township Plats, 1785-1898
- BLM Land Records
Dodge County, WI Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dodge County, WI?
A list of Dodge County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Wisconsin Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Dodge County Historical Society, 105 Park Ave, Beaver Dam, WI 53916; Phone: 920-887-1266
- Dodge/ Jefferson County Genealogical Society, PO Box 91, Watertown, WI 53094
- Horicon Historical Society, PO Box 65, Horicon, WI 53032; Phone: 920-485-2830
- Hustisford Historical Society, 119 S Ridge St, Box 111, Hustisford, WI 53034; Phone: 920-349-3369
- Mayville Historical Society, PO Box 82, Mayville, WI 53050; Phone: 820-387-5530
- Theresa Historical Society, PO Box 284, Theresa, WI 53091-0284; Phone: 920-488-2018
- Waupun Historical Society, 400 S Grove St, Waupun, WI 53963; Phone: 920-324-5738
- Area Research Center – University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, Forrest R. Polk Library, 800 Algoma Boulevard, Oshkosh, WI 54901; Phone: 920/424-0828 or 920/424-7573
- Wisconsin Area Research Center Network
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin, 816 State Street, Madison, WI 53706-1488
- Wisconsin State Genealogical Society, PO Box 5106, Madison, WI 53705
- Wisconsin Genealogy Index (wisconsinhistory.org) Search for pre-1907 Vital Records, as well as for 150,000 Wisconsin Name Index (WNI) records, including biographical sketches, obituaries, and newspaper articles published before 2000.
Where can I connect with other Dodge County, WI Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Wisconsin State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dodge County, Wisconsin Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Dodge County
- Dodge County, Wisconsin Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Dodge County, WI?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Dodge County. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is just a listing which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.