South Carolina History & Facts
Dillon County, South Carolina Facts
When was Dillon County, SC Created?
Dillon County was established on February 5, 1910 from Marion County.
Dillon County, SC Vital Records
Where can find Dillon County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dillon County vital records can be found at the South Carolina Department of Health has copies of birth records after 1913 and death records after 1930, copies of marriage since Jan 1962 and a Divorce records since 1958. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in South Carolina for current fees and application process.
Dillon County Health Department has birth and death records from January 01, 1915. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk’s office. There were no South Carolina birth or Death “certificates” before January 01, 1915
You can search online for Dillon County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for South Carolina Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Dillon County, SC Census Records
What Dillon County, SC census records are available?
County census records consists of Federal Census Schedules to aid in finding out about your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
One can find free downloadable not to mention printable census forms to help you with your research.
Dillon County, SC Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Dillon County Courthouse?
- Dillon County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Dillon County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: 401 W Main St, Dillon, SC 29536
- Phone: 843-774-1423
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Probate Records: 1910
- Dillon County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds
- Address: 301 W Main St , P O Drawer 1220, Dillon, SC 29536
- Phone: (843) 774-1425
- Land Records: 1910
- Court Records: 1910
- Divorce Records:since April 1949
Dillon County, SC Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dillon County, SC?
A list of Dillon County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives.
- Dillon County Historical Society, P. O. Box 1806, Dillon, SC 29536
- USGenWeb Archives for Dillon County (usgwarchives.net)
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 8301 Parklane Road; Columbia, SC 29223-4905; Tel: (803) 896-6100
- South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, PO Box 11469; Columbia, South Carolina 29211; Voice: (803) 734-8666
- South Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 16355, Greenville, SC 29606
- South Carolina Historical Society, 100 Meeting Street, Charleston 29401
- South Carolina Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies Guide
Where can I connect with other Dillon County, SC Researchers through message boards and forums?
- South Carolina State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dillon County, South Carolina Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Dillon County
- Dillon County, South Carolina Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Dillon County, SC?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources related to Dillon County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.