Warren County, Pennsylvania
Genealogy, History & Facts
Warren County, Pennsylvania Facts
What counties are adjacent to Warren County, PA?
Bordering Counties are Chautauqua County, New York, Cattaraugus County, New York, McKean County, Elk County, Forest County, Venango County, Crawford County, Erie County.
Warren County, PA Vital Records
Where can find Warren County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Warren County vital records can be found at the Pennsylvania Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records since 1906 and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Pennsylvania for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Warren County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Pennsylvania Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- USGenweb Archives Pennsylvania Marriage Project
- Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, Vol. II, Vol. III
- Pennsylvania, Births and Christenings, 1709-1950
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1709-1940
- Pennsylvania County Marriages, 1885 – 1950
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
Warren County, PA Census Records
What Warren County, PA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Warren County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Warren Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Pennsylvania Census Records Research Guide
Warren County, PA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Warren County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Warren County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Pennsylvania Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Warren County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 204 Fourth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365
- Phone: (814) 728-3430
- Warren County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: (814)728-3430
- Land Records: 1819
- Warren County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts
- Phone: (814)728-3440
- Court & Divorce Records: 1820
- Warren County Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk
- Phone: (814)728-3430
- Marriage & Probate Records: 1820
- Birth & Death Records: before Jan 1906
- Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993
- Early Pennsylvania Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Warren County, PA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Warren County, PA?
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Pennsylvania Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pennsylvania Archives – Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (fold3.com)
- Warren Historical Society, 210 Fourth Avenue, P.O. Box 427, Warren, PA 16365-2399; (814) 723-1795
- Warren Public Library (large genealogy resource section), 204 Market Street, Warren, PA 16365; 814-723-4650
- The Pennsylvania Archives Online
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120; Phone:(717) 783-3281
- Genealogical Society Of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103; (215) 545-0391
- Historical Society Of Pennsylvania. 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107; Phone: 215-732-6200
- State Library of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth Avenue and Walnut Street, P.O. Box 1601, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1601
Where can I connect with other Warren County, PA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Pennsylvania Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Pennsylvania Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County, Pennsylvania Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Warren County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Warren County, PA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Warren County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is basically a listing which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.