Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Facts
Lebanon County, PA Vital Records
Where can find Lebanon County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lebanon County vital records can be found at the Pennsylvania Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records since 1906 and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Pennsylvania for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Lebanon County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Pennsylvania Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- Trinity Tuplehocken Reformed Congregation Births, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, 1800-56
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Marriages, 1769-1864: Trinity Tulpehocken Reformed Congregation
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- USGenweb Archives Pennsylvania Marriage Project
- Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, Vol. II, Vol. III
- Pennsylvania, Births and Christenings, 1709-1950
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1709-1940
- Pennsylvania County Marriages, 1885 – 1950
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
Lebanon County, PA Census Records
What Lebanon County, PA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lebanon County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lebanon Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lebanon Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Lebanon Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Pennsylvania Census Records Research Guide
Lebanon County, PA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lebanon County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Lebanon County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Pennsylvania Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lebanon County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 400 South Eighth Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
- Phone: (717) 274-2801, Ext. 2215
- Lebanon County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: (717) 228-4447
- Land Records: 1813
- Lebanon County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts has been the clerk of court of common pleas since 1707. Court records here include divorces, naturalizations, peddlers’ licenses, registration of attorneys, oaths of county officers, equity, sheriff’s sales, juror lists, some tax records, and some civil court records. Other court records are with the clerk of courts.
- Phone: (717) 228-4418
- Court & Divorce Records: 1813
- Lebanon County Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk
- Phone: (717) 228-4415
- Marriage & Probate Records: 1813
- Birth & Death Records: before Jan 1906
- Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993
- Early Pennsylvania Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Lebanon County, PA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lebanon County, PA?
A list of Lebanon County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Pennsylvania Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pennsylvania Archives – Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (fold3.com)
- Lebanon County Historical Society, 924 Cumberland Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
- The Pennsylvania Archives Online
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120; Phone:(717) 783-3281
- Genealogical Society Of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103; (215) 545-0391
- Historical Society Of Pennsylvania. 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107; Phone: 215-732-6200
- State Library of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth Avenue and Walnut Street, P.O. Box 1601, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1601
Where can I connect with other Lebanon County, PA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Pennsylvania Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Pennsylvania Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Lebanon County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lebanon County, PA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lebanon County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is basically a listing which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.