Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
Genealogy, History & Facts
Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Facts
When was Dauphin County, PA Created?
Dauphin County was established on March 4, 1785 from Lancaster County.
What is the County Seat of Dauphin County, PA?
The County Seat is located in Harrisburg and in addition the county government website is www.dauphincounty.org/
What counties are adjacent to Dauphin County, PA?
Bordering Counties are Northumberland County, Schuylkill County, Lebanon County, Lancaster County, York County, Cumberland County, Perry County.
Dauphin County, PA Vital Records
Where can find Dauphin County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dauphin County vital records can be found at the Pennsylvania Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records since 1906 and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Pennsylvania for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Dauphin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Pennsylvania Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, 1800-55: Hoffman Reformed Church
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- USGenweb Archives Pennsylvania Marriage Project
- Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, Vol. II, Vol. III
- Pennsylvania, Births and Christenings, 1709-1950
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1709-1940
- Pennsylvania County Marriages, 1885 – 1950
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
Dauphin County, PA Census Records
What Dauphin County, PA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Dauphin County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Dauphin Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dauphin Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dauphin Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Pennsylvania Census Records Research Guide
Dauphin County, PA Courthouse and Government Records
Dauphin County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Dauphin County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Dauphin County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Pennsylvania Corthouse Records Research Guide.
Dauphin County, PA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dauphin County, PA?
A list of Dauphin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Pennsylvania Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pennsylvania Archives - Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (fold3.com)
- Historical Society of Dauphin County , 219 South Front Street, Harrisburg, PA 17104, (717) 233-3462
- Capital Area Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 4502, Harrisburg, PA 17111-0502; 717-545-2622
- Camp Curtin Historical Society, 2221 N. Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Lower Paxton Historical Society, 429 Prince Street, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- West Hanover Township Historical Society, 7171 Allentown Boulevard, Harrisburg, PA 17112
- National Historical Society, 6405 Flank Dr., Harrisburg, PA 17112-2750; 717-657-9555; Publishes"American History Illustrated"
- Historic Harrisburg Association, P.O. Box 1843, 1230 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1843; Phone: (717) 233-4646
- The Pennsylvania Archives Online
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120; Phone:(717) 783-3281
- Genealogical Society Of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103; (215) 545-0391
- Historical Society Of Pennsylvania. 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107; Phone: 215-732-6200
- State Library of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth Avenue and Walnut Street, P.O. Box 1601, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1601
Where can I connect with other Dauphin County, PA Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Dauphin County, PA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Dauphin County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is basically a listing which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.
Dauphin Co. PA Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Dauphin Co. PA Books, Newspapers & Publications
Dauphin Co. PA Church / Bible Records & Cemeteries / Graveyards
- Pennsylvania Cemetery Records Research Guide
- Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania Graves (findagrave.com)
- Dauphin County Tombstone Transcription Project (usgwtombstones.org)
- Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania Cemeteries (Internment.net)
- Dauphin Co., Pennsylvania Cemetery Books (amazon.com)
- Pennsylvania Church Records Research Guide
- Register of marriages and baptisms kept by the Rev. Traugott Frederick Illing (search.ancestry.com)
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Church Records (search.ancestry.com)
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, St. Paul's United Methodist Church Records (search.ancestry.com)
- Records of the Hill Lutheran Church in Derry Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania (search.ancestry.com)
- Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (search.ancestry.com)
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Church Books (amazon.com)
Dauphin Co. PA Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Dauphin Co. PA General and History Websites
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- History of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, with genealogical memoirs (search.ancestry.com)
- History of the counties of Dauphin and Lebanon in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, biographical and genealogical (search.ancestry.com)
- The history and topography of Dauphin, Cumberland, Franklin, Bedford, Adams, Perry, Somerset, Cambria & Indiana counties : cont (search.ancestry.com)
- Centennial memorial, English Presbyterian congregation, Harrisburg, Pa. (search.ancestry.com)
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania Wiki (familysearch.org)
- Dauphin Co. PA Genealogy (kindredtrails.com)
- Family History Library (familysearch.org)
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania (linkpendium.com)
- Cyndi's List - United States - Pennsylvania - Counties - Dauphin (cyndislist.com)
- Dauphin County Pennsylvania (genealogytrails.com)
- Dauphin Co. PAGenweb (rootsweb.ancestry.com)
- Dauphin County Genealogy Queries (cousinconnect.com)
- Dauphin County, Pennsylvania USGenWeb Archives (usgwarchives.net)
- Dauphin Co. Data Collections (search.ancestry.com)
Dauphin Co. PA Immigration & Naturalization
Dauphin Co. PA Military Records
Dauphin Co. PA Schools & Directories