Phillips County, Montana
Currently the Phillips County Seat is located in Malta additionally, the county government website is unknown
Phillips County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Phillips County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Phillips County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Montana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Phillips County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 334, Malta MT 59538
- Phillips County Historical Society, PO Box 518, 431 US HWY 2 E., Malta MT 59538; Phone: 406-654-1037
- Phillips County, Montana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Phillips County, Montana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Phillips County (usgwarchives.net)
Phillips County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently fail to notice the value of Phillips County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information and facts. Hidden away in Montana courthouses and archives just about everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of many Montana men and women.
The odds are excellent that your potential forefathers have left a in-depth document of at least a few factors of their lives in the Phillips County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
- Phillips County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 314 S 2nd Ave W, Malta, MT 59538
- Phone: (406) 654-2429
- Phillips County Clerk and Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1914 / 1917
- Land Records: 1915
- Phillips County Clerk of District Court
- Marriage / Divorce Records: 1915
- Probate Records: 1915
- Court Records: 1915
- Montana Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Montana for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Phillips County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Phillips County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to furnish your own favorite Phillips County genealogy or family history related sites.