Blaine County, Montana
Blaine County was created on February 29, 1912 from Chouteau County.
Blaine County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Blaine County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Blaine County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Montana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Blaine County Historical Society / Museum, 501 Indiana Street, Chinook, MT 59523; (406) 357-2590
- Milk River Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 1000, Chinook MT 59523
- Blaine County, Montana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Blaine County, Montana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Blaine County (usgwarchives.net)
Blaine County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently fail to notice the value of Blaine County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information and facts. Hidden away in Montana courthouses and archives just about everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of many Montana men and women.
The odds are excellent that your potential forefathers have left a in-depth document of at least a few factors of their lives in the Blaine County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
- Blaine County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 420 Ohio St, Chinook, MT 59523
- Phone: (406) 357-3240
- Blaine County Clerk and Recorder
- Bierh / Death Records: 1907
- Land Records: 1912
- Blaine County Clerk of District Court
- Marriage / Divorce Records: 1912
- Probate Records: 1912
- Court Records: 1912
- Montana Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Montana for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Blaine County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Blaine County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to furnish your own favorite Blaine County genealogy or family history related sites.