St. Genevieve County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
St. Genevieve County, Missouri Facts
When was St Genevieve County, MO Created?
St Genevieve County was created on October 1, 1812 as one of the five original counties.
St Genevieve County, MO Vital Records
Where can find St Genevieve County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
St Genevieve County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for St Genevieve County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Ste. Genevieve County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
St Genevieve County, MO Census Records
What St Genevieve County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for St Genevieve County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1820 (missing), 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
St Genevieve Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. St Genevieve Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. St Genevieve Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. St Genevieve Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
St. Genevieve County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Ste. Genevieve County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Ste. Genevieve County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Ste. Genevieve County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Ste. Genevieve County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 55 S. Third St., Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670
- Ste. Genevieve County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 573-883-2706
- Marriage Records: 1807
- Land Records: 1804
- Ste. Genevieve County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (573) 883-2705
- Probate Records: 1807
- Court & Divorce Records: 1804
- Ste. Genevieve County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (573) 883-5779
- Birth & Death Records: 1883–92
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
St. Genevieve County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Ste. Genevieve County, MO?
A list of Ste. Genevieve County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Ste. Genevieve Historical & Genealogical Society, 255 Market St, Ste Genevieve MO 63670
- Ste. Genevieve Museum, Merchant and Dubourg, Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670; Phone: (573) 883-3881
- Foundation for Restoration of Ste. Genevieve, P.O. Box 88, 198 South Second, Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670; Phone: (573) 883-9622
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Ste. Genevieve County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Ste. Genevieve County
- Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Ste. Genevieve County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ste. Genevieve County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.