Pulaski County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Pulaski County, Missouri Facts
When was Pulaski County, MO Created?
Pulaski County was created on January 19, 1833 from Crawford County.
Pulaski County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Pulaski County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Pulaski County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Pulaski County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Pulaski County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Pulaski County, MO Census Records
What Pulaski County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Pulaski County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Pulaski Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Pulaski Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Pulaski Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Pulaski Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Pulaski County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Pulaski County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Pulaski County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Pulaski County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Pulaski County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 301 Historic Rt. 66 E., Waynesville, MO 65583
- Pulaski County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 573-774-4755
- Marriage Records: 1903
- Land Records: 1903
- Pulaski County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (573) 774-4755
- Probate Records: 1833
- Court & Divorce Records: 1834
- Pulaski County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (573) 774-4701
- Birth & Death Records: ?
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Pulaski County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Pulaski County, MO?
A list of Pulaski County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pulaski County Genealogical and Historical Society, P.O. Box 144, Waynesville, MO 65583; Ph (573) 744-6883
- U.S. Army Engineer Museum, , Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473; Ph: (573) 596-0780
- Old Stagecoach Stop Foundation, P.O. Box 585, 106 Lynn Street, Waynesville, MO 65583 ; Ph: (573) 435-6766
- Ozarks Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3945, 534 West Catalpa, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 831-2773
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Pulaski County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Pulaski County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Pulaski County
- Pulaski County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Pulaski County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Pulaski County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.