Dallas County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Dallas County, Missouri Facts
When was Dallas County, MO Created?
Dallas County was created on January 29, 1841 from Polk County.
What is the County Seat of Dallas County, MO?
The County Seat is located in Buffalo and in addition the county government website is unknown
Dallas County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Dallas County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dallas County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Dallas County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Dallas County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Dallas County, MO Census Records
What Dallas County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Dallas County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Dallas Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Dallas Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dallas Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dallas Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Dallas County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Dallas County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Dallas County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Dallas County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Dallas County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 102 S. Cedar, Buffalo, MO 65622
- Dallas County Recorder of Deeds
- Marriage Records: 1867
- Land Records: 1867
- Dallas County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 417-345-2242
- Probate Records: 1867
- Court & Divorce Records: 1867
- Dallas County Clerk of the Court
- Address: ?
- Phone: ?
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-1924
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Dallas County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dallas County, MO?
A list of Dallas County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Dallas County Historical Society , P.O. Box 594, South Highway 65, Buffalo, MO 65622-0594
- Ozarks Genealogical Society ; P.O. Box 3945, 534 West Catalpa, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 831-2773
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Dallas County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dallas County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Dallas County
- Dallas County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Dallas County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Dallas County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.