Greene County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Greene County, Missouri Facts
Greene County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Greene County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Greene County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Greene County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Greene County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Greene County, MO Census Records
What Greene County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Greene County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Greene Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Greene Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Greene Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Greene Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Greene County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Greene County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Greene County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Greene County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Greene County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 940 N. Boonville Ave., Springfield, MO 65802
- Greene County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: (417) 868-4068
- Marriage Records: 1833
- Land Records: 1833
- Greene County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Address: Judicial Courts Facility, 1010 North Boonville, Springfield, MO 65802
- Phone: (417) 868-4074
- Probate Records: 1830
- Court & Divorce Records: 1833
- Greene County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (417) 868-4055
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-1902
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Greene County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Greene County, MO?
A list of Greene County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Greene County Archives & Records Center, 1126 Boonville, Springfield, MO 65802; Phone : (417) 868 – 4021
- Greene County Historical Society, P.O. Box 3466, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 881-6147
- Fair Grove Historical and Preservation Society, P.O. Box 93, Fair Grove, MO 65648; Phone: (417) 833-3467
- History Museum for Springfield-Greene County, 830 Boonville Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802; Phone: (417) 864-1976
- Flower Pentecostal Heritage Center Assemblies of God Archives, 1445 Boonville Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802; Phone: (417) 862-1447, ext. 4400, E-mail: [email protected]
- Ozarks Genealogical Society ; P.O. Box 3945, 534 West Catalpa, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 831-2773
- German-Austrian-Swiss Historical-Heritage Society of the Ozarks, 2214 East Cherryvale, Springfield, MO 65804-4524; Phone: (417) 883-8396
- General Sweeny’s Civil War Museum, 5228 South State Highway ZZ, Republic, MO 65738; Phone: (417) 732-1224
- White River Valley Historical Society, P.O. Box 555, Point Lookout, MO 65726
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Greene County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Greene County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Greene County
- Greene County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Greene County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Greene County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.