Queen Anne’s County, Maryland
Genealogy, History & Facts
Queen Anne’s County, Maryland Facts
Queen Anne’s County, MD Vital Records
Where can find Queen Anne’s County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Queen Anne’s County vital records can be found at the Maryland Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records from August 1898, has marriage records from January 1990 and has divorce records from January, 1992. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Maryland for current fees and application process.
State of Maryland Archives files, stores, and issues certified copies of vital records including Birth certificates from 1898 for Maryland counties and since 1875 for Baltimore City, Death certificates prior to 1969 and Marriage certificates since 1640 for events that occurred in Maryland.
Queen Anne’s County, MD Census Records
What Queen Anne’s County, MD census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Queen Anne’s County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Queen Anne’s Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Queen Anne’s Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Queen Anne’s Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890.
Another state census is the Maryland Colonial Census of 1776. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Maryland Census Records Research Guide.
Queen Anne’s County, MD Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Queen Anne’s County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Queen Anne’s County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Maryland courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Maryland residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Queen Anne’s County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Maryland Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Queen Anne’s County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 100 Courthouse Square, Centreville, MD 21617
- Queen Anne’s County Circuit Court Clerk
- Phone: 410-758-1773
- Marriage Records: 1707
- Land Records: 1707
- Queen Anne’s County Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk
- Address: 107 North Liberty Street – Suite 220, Centreville, Maryland 21617
- Phone: (410) 758-0585 or (888) 758-0010
- Probate Records: 1706
- County Records on Digital Media
- County Records on Microfilm
- Original County Records
- Maryland, Probate Estate and Guardianship Files, 1796-1940
- Maryland, Register of Wills Books, 1629-1983
- BLM Land Records
Queen Anne’s County, MD Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Queen Anne’s County, MD?
A list of Queen Anne’s County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Maryland Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Queen Anne’s County Historical Society, 124 S. Commerce Street, P. O. Box 62, Centreville, Maryland 21617; Telephone: 410-758-3010
- Upper Shore Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 275, Easton 21601
- Maryland State Archives , 350 Rowe Boulevard, Annapolis, MD 21401; 410-260-6400
- Maryland Genealogical Society, 201 W. Monument Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-4674
- Maryland Historical Society, 201 W. Monument Street, Baltimore MD 21201-4674
Where can I connect with other Queen Anne’s County, MD Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Maryland State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Maryland Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Queen Anne’s County, Maryland Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Queen Anne’s County, Maryland Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Queen Anne’s County, MD?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Queen Anne’s County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is simply a listing that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.