Hart County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Hart County, Kentucky Facts
Hart County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Hart County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Hart County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Hart County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Hart County, KY Census Records
What Hart County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Hart County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Hart Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Hart Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Hart Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Hart Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Hart County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Hart County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Hart County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Hart County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Hartd County Clerk
- Address: Main St Courthouse, Munfordville, KY, 42765
- Phone: (270) 524-2751
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1783
- Probate Records: ?
- Hart County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Hart County Judicial Center, 117 E. South St., P.O. Box 248, Munfordville, KY 42765-0248
- Phone: (270) 524-5181
- Court Records: 1819
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Hart County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Hart County USGenWeb Archives Project
Hart County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Hart County, KY?
A list of Hart County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Hart County Historical Society, P.O. Box 606, Munfordville KY 42765
- Ancestral Trails Historical Society, PO Box 1796, Elizabethtown, KY 42702-1796; (270) 982-0881. We are a Regional Society representing Breckinridge, Bullitt, Edmonson, Grayson, Hardin, Hart, Jefferson, LaRue, Meade, Nelson counties in Kentucky. We have a free research library with over 1200 books and many research books for sale. We have a index of the articles from our Quarterly News Magazine listed on our website. These articles can be requested at a minimal charge.
Where can I connect with other Hart County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Hart County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Hart County
- Hart County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYHART. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Hart County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- KYHART-HISTORY. A mailing list for the discussion and sharing of information regarding history and personal stories associated with Hart County, Kentucky, in order to place the life and times of our ancestors in perspective. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- WEST-CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in West-Central Kentucky, including the counties of Breckinridge, Butler, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, LaRue, McLean, Meade, and Ohio, which were all derived in large part from Old Hardin County as it was created in 1792. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- SOUTH-CENTRAL-KENTUCKY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Kentucky counties of Allen, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, and Warren. As well as a place for the posting of queries, the list owner will post source data from these counties on a daily basis (as much as possible) including wills, vital statistics, and cemetery records. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Hart County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Hart County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.