Coke County, Texas
Coke County was created on March 13, 1889 from Tom
Green County. This county was named for Richard Coke, the fifteenth governor of Texas (1874–1876).
The Coke County Seat is located in Robert Lee also, the county government website is www.co.coke.tx.us.
Areas bordering to Coke County are Nolan County (north), Runnels County (east), Tom Green County (south), Sterling County (west), Mitchell County (northwest) .
Cities and towns located in Coke County include Blackwell , Bronte, Robert Lee.
Coke County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Coke County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
Coke County consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules can be found for 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Coke Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890.
One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research.
Coke County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Coke County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
Coke County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers typically overlook the great importance of Coke County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Texas courthouses and archives everywhere are the aspirations and worries of many Texas citizens.
The chances are excellent that your particular forefathers have left a detailed record of at least a number of elements of their lives in the Coke County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods that could have lead to her or him to appear in court records.
The following facts denotes exactly what death, marriage, birth, land, probate, and legal records will be in Coke County. The dates pointed out listed below tend to be the first recognized records with this county.
I highly recommend you get in touch with the clerk's office to validate hours, mailing address, fees and other facts prior to visiting or asking for information because of sometimes changing contact info. The Department Offices DO NOT DO RESEARCH. The data files are accessible to interested parties, barring confidential issues. A good number of workers will aid persons in obtaining the resources, however it's up to the man or women to do the research.
- Coke County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 13 E. 7th Street, Robert Lee 76945
- Coke County Clerk is the place where all transactions having to do with land are recorded and kept on file. They take marriage license applications, issues marriage licenses, files the license after the marriage, and maintains a permanent record of the marriage, surveys and plats of subdivisions, Armed Forces discharge papers for all veterans who reside in the county. Some naturalization records have been found with the deeds.
- Phone: (325) 453-2631
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1890
- Land Records: 1891
- Probate Records: 1891
- Court Records: 1891
- Coke County Tax Assessor-Collector Office is responsible for the the assessment of taxes on each property in the county and collection of that tax
Coke County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources relating to Coke County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Coke County genealogy or family history associated sites.
Coke Co. TX Books,Newspapers & Publications
Coke Co. TX Birth, Marriage & Death Records
- See Also Statewide Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Records in Texas
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records (archives.com)
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Birth Certificates, 1903-10 and 1926-29 (fold3.com) Official birth certificates from the Texas State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, for the years 1903-10 and 1926-29. Browse by county, then year, then surname, beginning with the first letters of the last name of the person you seek.
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010 (archives.com) Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Death Certificates, 1890-1976 (fold3.com) Official birth certificates from the Texas State Board of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics, for the years 1903-10 and 1926-29. These records are searchable by first and last name of the deceased, year, county, and city.
- Social Security Death Index (search.ancestry.com) Search over 82 million death records and get genealogical information crucial to your family research.
Coke Co. TX Court, Probate Land and Tax Records
Coke Co. TX Census Records
Coke Co. TX Cemeteries & Graveyards
Coke Co. TX Church & Bible Records
Coke Co. TX Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Coke Co. TX General and History Websites
Coke Co. TX Immigration & Naturalization
Coke Co. TX Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Coke Co. TX Military Records