Mitchell County, Texas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Mitchell County, Texas Facts
When was Mitchell County, TX Created?
Allen County was created on August 21, 1876 (organized on January 10, 1881 ) from Young Territory.
What is the County Seat of Mitchell County, TX?
The County Seat is located in Colorado City also, the county government website is unknown.
Mitchell County, TX Vital Records
Where can find Mitchell County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Mitchell County vital records can be found at the Texas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from 1903. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Texas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Mitchell County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Texas Birth Records 1927-2010
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas Marriage Records 1966 to 2008
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
- Texas Divorce Records 1968 to 2008
- Texas Death Records 1964-2010
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
Mitchell County, TX Census Records
What Mitchell County, TX census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Mitchell County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Texas, Compiled Census and Census Substitutes Index from 1820-1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Texas Census Records Research Guide.
Mitchell County, TX Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Mitchell County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Mitchell County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Texas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Mitchell County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 349 Oak St., Rm. 103, Colorado City 79512
- Mitchell County Clerk
- Phone: (325) 728-3481
- Birth & Death Records: 1903
- Marriage Records: 1881
- Land Records: 1881
- Probate Records: 1881
- Court Records: 1881
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas Land Title Abstracts
- BLM Land Records
Mitchell County, TX Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Mitchell County, TX?
A list of Mitchell County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Texas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Mitchell Co. Records Available on Microfilm (tsl.state.tx.us)
- Texas State Library and Archives Commission, P.O. Box 12927, Austin, TX 78711-2927
- Texas Genealogical Society, 2505 Beluche Drive, Galveston 77551
Where can I connect with other Mitchell County, TX Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Texas Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Texas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Mitchell County, Texas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Mitchell County, Texas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Mitchell County, TX?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Mitchell County.