Wyoming County, New York
Genealogy, History & Facts
Wyoming County, New York Facts
When was Wyoming County, NY Created?
Wyoming County was created on May 19, 1841 from Genesee County.
What is the County Seat of Wyoming County, NY?
The County Seat is located in Warsaw and in addition the county government website is www.wyomingco.net/
What counties are adjacent to Wyoming County, NY?
Bordering Counties are Genesee County, Livingston County, Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Erie County.
Wyoming County, NY Vital Records
Where can find Wyoming County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wyoming County vital records can be found at the New York Department of Health which has copies of birth records after 1881 and death records after 1880, copies of marriage since 1881 and a Divorce records since 1847 . There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New York for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Wyoming County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New York Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives New York Marriage Project
- 10,000 Vital Records of Eastern New York, 1777-1834
- 10,000 Vital Records of Central New York, 1813-1850
- 10,000 Vital Records of Western New York, 1809-1850
- New York Births and Christenings, 1640-1962
- New York Marriages to 1784
- New York, County Marriages, 1908-1935
- New York Marriages, 1600-1784
- New York Marriages, 1686-1980
- New York Marriage Notices, 1800-55
- Marriages copied from the Rural repository
- New York, Marriage Newspaper Extracts, 1801-1880 (Barber Collection)
- Names of persons for whom marriage licenses were issued by the secretary of the province of New York, previous to 1784
- New York, Death Newspaper Extracts, 1801-1890 (Barber Collection)
- New York City Deaths, 1814-16
- New York Deaths and Burials, 1795-1952
Wyoming County, NY Census Records
What Wyoming County, NY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Wyoming County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wyoming Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wyoming Co. Industry and Agriculture is available for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wyoming Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are New York State censuses from 1880, 1892, 1905, 1855, 1865, 1875, 1892, 1905, 1915, 1925. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also New York Census Records Research Guide
Wyoming County, NY Courthouse and Government Records
Wyoming County Courthouse
What genealogical records can I find in the Wyoming County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wyoming County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in New York courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless New York residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wyoming County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also New York Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wyoming County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 147 North Main Street, Warsaw, NY 14569
- Wyoming County Clerk
- Address: 143 North Main Street, Suite 104, P.O. Box 70, Warsaw, NY 14569-1123
- Phone: 716-786-8810
- Land Records: 1841
- Court Records: 1841
- Wyoming County Surrogate Court Clerk
- Phone: 585-786-3148
- Probate Records: 1841
- Wyoming County Historian
- Address: 26 Linwood Ave, Warsaw, NY 14569
- Phone: 585-786-8818
- New York Wills, 1626-1836
- BLM Land Records
Wyoming County, NY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Wyoming County, NY?
A list of Wyoming County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide New York Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Sheldon Historical Society, P.O. Box 122, Strykersville,NY 14145, Phone: (585) 457-7033
- Western New York Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 338, Hamburg, New York 14075-0338
- Central New York Genealogical Society, Box 104, Calvin Station , Syracuse, New York 13205
- Cordelia A. Greene Library, P.O.Box 208, 11 South Main Street, Castile, NY 14427, Phone: 1-585-493-5466
- Town of Gainesville Public Library, 10 Church Street, Silver Springs, NY 14550, Phone: 1-585-427-4300
- Pike Library, 65 West Main Street, Pike, NY 14130, Phone: 1-585-493-5900
- Warsaw Public Library, 130 N Main St., Warsaw, NY 28398, Phone: 1-585-786-5606
- School House Museum, 3859 Main Street, Strykersville, NY 14145, Phone: (585) 457-7033
- New York State Archives and Records Administration, 11th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230; (518) 474-8955
- New York State Library, Cultural Education Center, 7th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230
- The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, 122 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022-1939
- New York State Historical Association, West Lake Road, P.O. Box 800, Cooperstown, New York, 13326-0800
Where can I connect with other Wyoming County, NY Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Wyoming County, NY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Wyoming County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is simply a listing that has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.
Wyoming Co. NY Books, Newspapers & Publications
Wyoming Co. NY Cemeteries & Church Records
- New York Cemetery Research Guide (raogk.org)
- Tombstone inscriptions from cemeteries located in Wyoming County, New York (search.ancestry.com)
- Gravestone inscriptions of Wyoming County, N.Y. : including cemeteries in Sheldon and Bennington, N.Y. (search.ancestry.com)
- Gravestone inscriptions of Wyoming County, N.Y. : including cemeteries in Silver Springs, Hermitage and Genesee Falls (search.ancestry.com)
- Wyoming Co., New York Graves (findagrave.com)
- Wyoming County Tombstone Transcription Project (usgwtombstones.org)
- Wyoming Co., New York Cemeteries (Internment.net)
- Wyoming Co., New York Cemetery Books (amazon.com)
- New York Church & Bible Research Guide (raogk.org)
- New York, Family Bible Records, 1581-1917 (search.ancestry.com)
- Wyoming County, New York Church Books (amazon.com)
Wyoming Co. NY Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
Wyoming Co. NY General and History Websites
- See Also State History for New York
- Wyoming County, New York Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Complete name index to Beers' History of Wyoming County, N.Y., 1880 (search.ancestry.com)
- History of northwestern New York : Erie, Niagara, Wyoming, Genesee and Orleans Counties (search.ancestry.com)
- Biographical review : this volume contains biographical sketches of the leading citizens of Livingston and Wyoming Counties, Ne (search.ancestry.com)
- History of the town of Warsaw, New York from its first settlement to the present time : with numerous family sketches and biogr (search.ancestry.com)
- History of Wyoming County, N.Y. : with illustrations, biographical sketches, and portraits of some pioneers and prominent resid (search.ancestry.com)
- History of the centennial celebration : Warsaw, Wyoming County, New York June 28-July 2, 1903 (search.ancestry.com)
- Wyoming County, New York Wiki (familysearch.org)
- Wyoming Co. NY Genealogy (kindredtrails.com)
- Family History Library (familysearch.org)
- Wyoming County, New York (linkpendium.com)
- Cyndi's List - United States - New York - Counties - Wyoming (cyndislist.com)
- Wyoming County New York (genealogytrails.com)
- Wyoming Co. NYGenweb (bettysgenealogy.org)
- Wyoming County Genealogy Queries (cousinconnect.com)
- Wyoming Co. Data Collections (search.ancestry.com)
Wyoming Co. NY Immigration & Naturalization
Wyoming Co. NY Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
Wyoming Co. NY Military Records