Bradford County, Pennsylvania
Genealogy, History & Facts
Bradford County, Pennsylvania Facts
When was Bradford County, PA Created?
Bradford County was established on February 21, 1810 from Luzerene County and Lycoming County (originally named Ontario County; renamed and formally organized in 1812).
What counties are adjacent to Bradford County, PA?
Bordering Counties are Chemung County, New York, Tioga County, New York, Susquehanna County, Wyoming County, Sullivan County, Lycoming County, Tioga County.
Bradford County, PA Vital Records
Where can find Bradford County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Bradford County vital records can be found at the Pennsylvania Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records since 1906 and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Pennsylvania for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Bradford County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Pennsylvania Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- USGenweb Archives Pennsylvania Marriage Project
- Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, Vol. II, Vol. III
- Pennsylvania, Births and Christenings, 1709-1950
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1709-1940
- Pennsylvania County Marriages, 1885 – 1950
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
Bradford County, PA Census Records
What Bradford County, PA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Bradford County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Bradford Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bradford Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bradford Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Pennsylvania Census Records Research Guide
Bradford County, PA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Bradford County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Bradford County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Pennsylvania Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Bradford County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 301 Main Street, Towanda, PA 18848
- Phone: (570) 265-1702
- Bradford County Recorder of Deeds / Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk
- Phone: (570) 265-1702
- Land Records: 1812
- Marriage & Probate Records: 1812
- Birth & Death Records: before Jan 1906
- Bradford County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts
- Phone: (570) 265-1705
- Court & Divorce Records: 1812
- Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993
- Early Pennsylvania Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Bradford County, PA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Bradford County, PA?
A list of Bradford County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Pennsylvania Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pennsylvania Archives – Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (fold3.com)
- Bradford County Historical Society, 21 Main St., Towanda, PA 18848; (570) 265-2240
- Bradford Landmark Society, 45 E. Corydon Street, Bradford, PA 16701
- The Pennsylvania Archives Online
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120; Phone:(717) 783-3281
- Genealogical Society Of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103; (215) 545-0391
- Historical Society Of Pennsylvania. 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107; Phone: 215-732-6200
- State Library of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth Avenue and Walnut Street, P.O. Box 1601, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1601
Where can I connect with other Bradford County, PA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Pennsylvania Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Pennsylvania Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bradford County, Pennsylvania Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bradford County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Bradford County, PA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bradford County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is basically a listing which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.