Delaware County, Oklahoma
Genealogy, History & Facts
Delaware County, Oklahoma Facts
When was Delaware County, OK Created?
Delaware County was established on July 16, 1907 from Cherokee Lands.
What is the County Seat of Delaware County, OK?
The County Seat is located in Jay and the county government website is unknown
Delaware County, OK Vital Records
Where can find Delaware County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Delaware County vital records can be found at the Oklahoma Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, and death records since October 1908. County marriage and divorce records are located in the local Clerk of Courts officeThere is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Oklahoma for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Delaware County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Oklahoma Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Delaware County, OK Census Records
What Delaware County, OK census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Delaware County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Oklahoma Territorial Census, 1890 and 1907. You will discover free online in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research. See Also Oklahoma Census Records Research Guide.
Delaware County, OK Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Delaware County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Delaware County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Oklahoma courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Oklahoma residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Delaware County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Oklahoma Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Delaware County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 327 N 5th St, Jay, OK 74346
- Phone: (918) 253-4420
- Delaware County Clerk’s Office
- Birth / Death Records: 1908
- Land Records: 1905
- Delaware County Court Clerk’s Office
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Probate Records: 1867
- Court Records: 1868
- Oklahoma, Applications for Allotment, Five Civilized Tribes, 1899-1907
- BLM Land Records
Delaware County, OK Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Delaware County, OK?
A list of Delaware County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Oklahoma Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Delaware County Genealogical Society, 1140 NEO Loop, Grove, Oklahoma 74344
- Delaware County Historical Society, Rt. 1, Box 467, Grove OK 74344; 918-253-4345 or 918-253-4395
- Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Division of State Archives and Records, 200 N.E. 18th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 75105
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Oklahoma Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 12986, Oklahoma City 73157-2986
Where can I connect with other Delaware County, OK Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Oklahoma State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Delaware County, Oklahoma Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Delaware County, Oklahoma Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Delaware County, OK?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Delaware County.