Rio Arriba County, New Mexico
Rio Arriba County was founded on January 6, 1852 as one of the nine original counties.
Rio Arriba County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Rio Arriba County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Rio Arriba County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Rio Arriba Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Rio Arriba Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Rio Arriba Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Rio Arriba County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Rio Arriba County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Espanola Family History Center, Corner McCurdy Rd & Fairview, Espanola, NM. Phone 505-753-3751
- Ghost Ranch Living Museum, HCR 77, Box 15, Abiquiu, New Mexico, 87510.
- Rio Arriba County Historical Society, P.O. Box 158, Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico, 87575
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Rio Arriba County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Rio Arriba County (usgwarchives.net)
Rio Arriba County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Rio Arriba County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Rio Arriba County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Rio Arriba County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county.
- Rio Arriba County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 2332 Highway 17, Chama, NM 87520
- Phone: (505) 753-1780
- Rio Arriba County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1884
- Land Records: 1852
- Probate Records: 1852
- Rio Arriba County 1st District Court Clerk
Rio Arriba County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Rio Arriba County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Rio Arriba County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.