Warren County, New Jersey
Genealogy, History & Facts
Warren County, New Jersey Facts
When was Warren County, NJ Created?
Warren County was established on November 20, 1824 from Sussex County.
What counties are adjacent to Warren County, NJ?
Bordering Counties are Sussex County, Morris County, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, Hunterdon County, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, Monroe County, Pennsylvania .
Warren County, NJ Vital Records
Where can find Warren County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Warren County vital records can be found at the New Jersey Department of Health has copies of Birth, Marriage and Death records from 1878 to the present. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Jerseyi for current fees and application process.
You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for New Jersey Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
Warren County, NJ Census Records
What Warren County, NJ census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Warren County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Warren Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Industry and Agriculture is available for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. You can get free down-loadable not to mention printable census forms that can help with your research. See Also New Jersey Census Records Research Guide
Warren County, NJ Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Warren County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Warren County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in New Jersey courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless New Jersey residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Warren County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also New Jersey Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Warren County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 413 Second Street, Belvidere, NJ 07823
- Warren County Clerk
- Phone: ? (908) 475-6211
- Land Records: 1825
- Marriage Records: 1825
- Warren County Surrogate Court / Orphan’s Court
- Phone: 908-475-6223
- Probate Records: 1825
- Hardwick and Mendham Monthly Meeting & Warren and Morris Counties, New Jersey: Quaker Records
- Maps of divisions of Warren and Sussex County estates filed at Newton, New Jersey between 1789-1918
- The constitution of the Warren Fire Company of Phillipsburg, N.J.
- New Jersey, Abstract of Wills, 1670-1817
- Patents and Deeds and Other Early Records of New Jersey 1664-1703
- New Jersey, Published Archives Series, 1631-1782
- BLM Land Records
Warren County, NJ Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Warren County, NJ?
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide New Jersey Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Warren County Historical and Genealogical Society; 313 Mansfield Street, Post Office Box 313, Belvidere, NJ 07823; Phone: 908-475-4246
- Warren County Cultural & Heritage Commission, 8 Belvidere Avenue Oxford, NJ 07863
- Hackettstown Historical Society, 106 Church St., Hackettstown NJ
- Phillipsburg Area Historical Society, 675 Corliss Avenue, Phillpsburg, New Jersey 08865;
- Department of State Division of Archives and Records Management ; Bureau of Archives and Records Preservation State Library Bldg, 185 West State Street, CN-307, Trenton, NJ 08625-0307
- New Jersey State Library, State Library Building, 185 West State Street, CN-520, Trenton, NJ 08625-0520
- New Jersey Historical Society, 52 Park Pl., Newark, NJ 07102; 973-596-8500 ext 248 or 249
- Genealogical Society of New Jersey, PO Box 1476, Trenton NJ 08607-1476
Where can I connect with other Warren County, NJ Researchers through message boards and forums?
- New Jersey State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County, New Jersey Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Warren County
- Warren County, New Jersey Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Warren County, NJ?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Warren County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.