White Pine County, Nevada
White Pine County was formed on March 2, 1869 from Lander County. The county was named for the heavy growth of pine trees in the area, thought to be white pine..
Cities and towns situated in White Pine County are made up of Baker, Cherry Creek, Crosstimbers, East Ely, Ely, Lages Station, Lund, Majors Place, McGill, Reipetown, Ruth, Schellbourne, Strawberry.
White Pine County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in finding out about your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules can be found for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
White Pine Co. Mortality Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. White Pine Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1870 and 1880. White Pine Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to aid with your research.
White Pine County Society and Family History Resources
A list of White Pine County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Nevada State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- White Pine Historical Society (inactive)
- White Pine County, Nevada Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- White Pine County, Nevada Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for White Pine County (usgwarchives.net)
White Pine County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget about the advantages of White Pine County court, probate, and land records as a useful resource of genealogical details. Hidden away in Nevada courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the dreams and worries of many Nevada residents.
The chances are very good that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth document of at least a number of aspects of their lives in the White Pine County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, take into account all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The following information and facts shows whatever birth, death, marriage, property, probate, and legal records are typically in White Pine County. The dates suggested listed below are the first recognized records data in this county.
In 1885, a store owner caused a devastating fire which burned down the Court House which had been moved to the Withington Hotel.. Only a pitiful few records from the Sheriff’s office were salvaged.
- White Pine County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 995 Campton St, Ely, NV 89301
- Phone: (775) 289-2341
- White Pine County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Birth / Death Records: 1887
- Land Records: 1885
- White Pine County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Marriage Records: 1884
- White Pine County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
- Probate Records: 1885
- Court Records: 1869
- Nevada Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Nevada for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
White Pine County Links
The following are web links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources pertaining to White Pine County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is merely a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred White Pine County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.