Deer Lodge County, Montana
Deer Lodge County was created on February 02, 1865 from Montana Territory as a Original County.
Deer Lodge County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Deer Lodge Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Deer Lodge Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. Deer Lodge Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Deer Lodge County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Deer Lodge County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Montana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Deer Lodge County Historical Society, 800 Main Street, Anaconda MT 59711; (406) 563-4010
- Marcus Daly Historical Society, 401 E Commercial Ave, Anaconda, Mt 59711; Phone:(406) 563-2220
- Deer Lodge County, Montana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Deer Lodge County, Montana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Deer Lodge County (usgwarchives.net)
Deer Lodge County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently fail to notice the value of Deer Lodge County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information and facts. Hidden away in Montana courthouses and archives just about everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of many Montana men and women.
The odds are excellent that your potential forefathers have left a in-depth document of at least a few factors of their lives in the Deer Lodge County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
- Deer Lodge County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 800 Main St, Anaconda-Deer Lodge County, MT 59711
- Phone: (406) 563-4060
- Deer Lodge County Clerk and Recorder
- Bierh / Death Records: 1903 / 1895
- Land Records: 1865
- Deer Lodge County Clerk of District Court
- Marriage / Divorce Records: 1865
- Probate Records: 1865
- Court Records: 1865
- Montana Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Montana for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Deer Lodge County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Deer Lodge County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is merely a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to furnish your own favorite Deer Lodge County genealogy or family history related sites.