OTHER GENEALOGY RESOURCES
Scotland County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
County Vital Records ∣ County Census Records ∣ County Courthouse and Government Records ∣
County Societies, Family History Resources and County Genealogy Links
Scotland County, Missouri Facts
When was Scotland County, MO Created?
Scotland County was created on January 29, 1841 from Clark County, Lewis County, and Shelby County.
What is the County Seat of Scotland County, MO?
The County Seat is located in Memphis and in addition the county government website is unknown
What counties are adjacent to Scotland County, MO?
Bordering Counties are Davis County, Iowa, Van Buren County, Iowa, Clark County, Knox County, Adair County, Schuyler County.
Scotland County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Scotland County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Scotland County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Scotland County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Scotland County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Missouri Birth & Death Records Database Pre-1910: Search & Record Availability
- Missouri, Births and Christenings, 1827-1935
- Missouri, Marriages, 1750-1920
- Missouri Death Records Database, Pre-1910
- Missouri Death Certificates, 1910 – 1961
- Missouri Deaths and Burials, 1867-1976
Scotland County, MO Census Records
What Scotland County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Scotland County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Scotland Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Scotland Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Scotland Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Scotland Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Scotland County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Scotland County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Scotland County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Scotland County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Scotland County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 117 S. Market, Memphis, MO 63555
- Scotland County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 660-465-2284
- Marriage Records: 1841
- Land Records: 1836
- Scotland County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (660) 465-8605 or (660) 465-2404
- Probate Records: 1842
- Court & Divorce Records: 1841
- Scotland County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (660) 465-7027
- Birth & Death Records: 1883–89
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Scotland County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Scotland County, MO?
A list of Scotland County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Scotland County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 232, Memphis, MO 63555
- Scotland County Historical Society, P.O. Box 263, 311 S Main Str, Memphis, MO 63555, Phone: (660) 465-2259
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society, 112 North Fourth Street, Canton, MO 63435; Phone: (217) 656-3853
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Scotland County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Scotland County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Scotland County
- Scotland County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Scotland County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Scotland County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.
Scotland Co. MO Maps, Atlases & Gazetteers
- See Also Map of Missouri Links and Information
- Scotland Co. D.O.T. Map
- 1895 Scotland County Map (livgenmi.com)
Scotland Co. MO Books, Newspapers & Publications
- Missouri Newspapers Books & Publications Research Guide
- Missouri historical newspaper archives online (newspapers.com)
- Historical Newspapers from Missouri (1808 – 1922) (genealogybank.com)
- Scotland County, Missouri Books (amazon.com)
- Search Missouri Obituaries (1985 to current) (genealogybank.com)
Scotland Co. GA Cemeteries & Church Records
- Missouri Cemetery Research Guide
- Scotland Co., Missouri Graves (findagrave.com)
- Scotland County Tombstone Transcription Project (usgwtombstones.org)
- Scotland Co., Missouri Cemeteries (Internment.net)
- Scotland Co., Missouri Cemetery Books (amazon.com)
- Missouri Church & Bible Research Guide
- Scotland County, Missouri Church Books (amazon.com)
Scotland Co. MO Family Websites, Pictures & Histories
- Create a Free Family Tree (ancestry.com)
- Nichols and Related Families (nicholsgenealogy.com)
- The Missouri Family Group Sheet Project (fgs-project.com)
Scotland Co. MO General and History Websites
- See Also State History for Missouri
- Scotland County, Missouri Wikipedia (wikipedia.org)
- Scotland County, Missouri Wiki (familysearch.org)
- Scotland Co. MO Genealogy (kindredtrails.com)
- Family History Library (familysearch.org)
- Scotland County, Missouri (linkpendium.com)
- Cyndi’s List – United States – Missouri – Counties – Scotland (cyndislist.com)
- Scotland County Missouri (genealogytrails.com)
- Scotland Co. MOGenweb (rootsweb.ancestry.com)
- Scotland County Genealogy Queries (cousinconnect.com)
- Scotland Co. Data Collections (search.ancestry.com)
Scotland Co. MO Military Records
- Missouri Military Records Research Guide
- Search the Soldiers Database: War of 1812-World War I (sos.mo.gov)
- Missouri Military Records (fold3.com)
Scotland Co. MO Schools & Directories
- Missouri State Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1881 (search.ancestry.com)