Randolph County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Randolph County, Missouri Facts
Randolph County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Randolph County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Randolph County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Randolph County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Randolph County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Randolph County, MO Census Records
What Randolph County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Randolph County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Randolph Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Randolph Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Randolph Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Randolph Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Randolph County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Randolph County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Randolph County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Randolph County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Randolph County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 110 S Main St, Huntsville, MO 65259
- Randolph County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: (660) 277-4718 or (660) 277-5822
- Marriage Records: 1829
- Land Records: 1841
- Randolph County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 660-277- 4601 or 660-277-5822
- Probate Records: 1829
- Court & Divorce Records: 1858
- Randolph County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (660) 277-4717 or (660) 277-5822
- Birth & Death Records: 1883–89
- Randolph County, Missouri Administration and Wills: 1836-1858
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Randolph County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Randolph County, MO?
A list of Randolph County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Huntsville Historical Society, 107 Main Street , Huntsville, MO 65259
- Randolph County Historical Society, 223 N Clark Str, Moberly, MO 65270; Ph: (660) 263-9396
- Northeast Missouri Genealogical Society, 112 North Fourth Street, Canton, MO 63435; Phone: (217) 656-3853
- Genealogical Society of Central Missouri, P.O. Box 26 3801 Ponderosa , Columbia, MO 65205; Phone: (573) 443-8936
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Randolph County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Randolph County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Randolph County
- Randolph County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Randolph County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Randolph County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.