Osage County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Osage County, Missouri Facts
When was Osage County, MO Created?
Osage County was created on January 29, 1841 from Gasconade County.
Osage County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Osage County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Osage County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Osage County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Osage County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Osage County, MO Census Records
What Osage County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Osage County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Osage Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Osage Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Osage Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Osage Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Osage County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Osage County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Osage County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Osage County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Osage County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 205 E. MAIN STREET, LINN, MO 65051
- Osage County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 573-897-3095
- Marriage Records: 1841
- Land Records: 1841
- Osage County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: 573-897-3114
- Probate Records: 1841
- Court & Divorce Records: 1841
- Osage County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (573) 897-2139 Ext. 110
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-98
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Osage County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Osage County, MO?
A list of Osage County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Osage County Historical Society, P.O. Box 402, Linn, MO 65051; Phone: (573) 897-2932
- Westphalian Heritage Society, P.O. Box 244, 130 East Main, Westphalia, MO 65085-0244; Phone: (573) 455-2337 or (573) 455-2332
- Mid-Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 715, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Westphalia Historical Society, Westphalia, MO 65085-0244
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Osage County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Osage County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Osage County
- Osage County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Osage County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Osage County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.