DeKalb County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
DeKalb County, Missouri Facts
When was DeKalb County, MO Created?
DeKalb County was created on February 25, 1845 from Clinton County.
DeKalb County, MO Vital Records
Where can find DeKalb County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
DeKalb County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for DeKalb County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the DeKalb County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
DeKalb County, MO Census Records
What DeKalb County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for DeKalb County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
DeKalb Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. DeKalb Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. DeKalb Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. DeKalb Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
DeKalb County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the DeKalb County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of DeKalb County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the DeKalb County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- DeKalb County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 109 W. Main, Maysville, MO 64469
- Phone: ?
- DeKalb County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 816-449-5010
- Marriage Records: 1845
- Land Records: 1836
- DeKalb County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (816) 449-2602
- Probate Records: 1877
- Court & Divorce Records: 1856
- DeKalb County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (816) 449-5402
- Birth & Death Records: 1883-93
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
DeKalb County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for DeKalb County, MO?
A list of DeKalb County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- DeKalb County Historical Society, P.O. Box 467, 116 West Main, Maysville, MO 64469; Phone: (816) 449-5451
- Northwest Missouri Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 382, St. Joseph, MO 64502; Phone: (816) 233-0524
- Tri-County Museum & Historical Society, P.O. Box 547, 508 North Grand, King City, MO 64463; Phone: (660) 535-4472
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other DeKalb County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- DeKalb County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in DeKalb County
- DeKalb County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in DeKalb County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to DeKalb County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.