Wilkinson County, Mississippi
History & Facts
Wilkinson County, Mississippi Facts
When was Wilkinson County, MS Created?
Wilkinson County was established on January 30, 1802 from Adams County.
What is the County Seat of Wilkinson County, MS?
The County Seat is located in Woodville additionally, the county government website is unknown
What counties are adjacent to Wilkinson County, MS?
Bordering Counties are Adams County, Franklin County, Amite County, East Feliciana Parish , Louisiana, West Feliciana Parish , Louisiana and Concordia Parish , Louisiana.
Wilkinson County, MS Vital Records
Where can find Wilkinson County, MS Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wilkinson County vital records can be found at the Mississippi Department of Health which has copies of birth and death records after 1912, Marriage and a Divorce records since 1926. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Mississippi for current fees and application process.
Wilkinson County Health Department has birth and death records from November 1, 1912. You may go to any county health department in the State of Mississippi to obtain a certificates can be issued while you wait.
You can search online for Wilkinson County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Mississippi Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate Application to mail.
Wilkinson County, MS Census Records
What Wilkinson County, MS census records are available?
Wilkinson County census records consists of Federal Census Schedules to guide in finding out about your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wilkinson Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Wilkinson Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wilkinson Co. Industry and Agriculture is available for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wilkinson Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You will discover free down loadable and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Wilkinson County, MS Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Wilkinson County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wilkinson County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Mississippi courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Mississippi residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wilkinson County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Mississippi Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wilkinson County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1389 U.S. 61, Woodville, MS 39669
- Wilkinson County Chancery Court Clerk
- Phone: 601-888-4381
- Land Records: 1803
- Probate Records: 1808
- Divorce Records: see Clerk
- Wilkinson County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Phone: 601-888-6697
- Marriage Records: 1804
- Court Records: 1822
- Mississippi Court Records Research Guide
- Mississippi Court Records, 1799-1835
- Mississippi County Court Records
- Mississippi, State Archives, Various Records, 1820-1951
- Spanish and British Land Grants in Mississippi Territory, 1750-1784
- Land Claims in Mississippi Territory, 1789-1834
- BLM Land Records
Wilkinson County, MS Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Wilkinson County, MS?
A list of Wilkinson County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives.
- Woodville Civic Club, Friends of the Museum, P.O. Box 814, Woodville, MS 39669
- Southwest Mississippi Genealogy Society, P.O. Box 175, McComb, Mississippi, 39649
- Wilkinson County Historical Society, c/o Wilkinson County Museum, P. O. Box 1055, Woodville, MS 39669
- USGenWeb Archives for Wilkinson County (usgwarchives.net)
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History, North Street, Jackson, MS 39201; Ph. (601) 576-6850,200
- Mississippi Historical Society, PO Box 571, Jackson, MS 39205-0571
- Mississippi Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 5301, Jackson, MS 39216
- Mississippi Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies Guide
Where can I connect with other Wilkinson County, MS Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Mississippi Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Mississippi State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Wilkinson County, Mississippi Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Wilkinson County
- Wilkinson County, Mississippi Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Wilkinson County, MS?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Wilkinson County. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is basically a list that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.