Ramsey County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Ramsey County, Minnesota Facts
When was Ramsey County, MN Created?
Ramsey County was founded on October 27, 1849 from St. Croix County.
Ramsey County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Ramsey County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Ramsey County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Aitkin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Ramsey County, MN Census Records
What Ramsey County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Ramsey County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Ramsey Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ramsey Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Ramsey Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Ramsey Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Ramsey County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Ramsey County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Ramsey County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Ramsey County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Ramsey County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 15 W. Kellogg Blvd. , St. Paul , MN 55102
- Phone: (651) 266-8266
- Ramsey County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1870
- Marriage Records: 1849
- Land Records: 1844
- Ramsey County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1849
- Court Records: 1849
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Ramsey County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Ramsey County, MN?
A list of Ramsey County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Ramsey County Historical Society, 323 Landmark Center, 75 West Fifth Street, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55102; Phone: (651) 222-0701
- Gibbs Museum of Pioneer and Dakotah Life, 2097 Larpenteur Ave W, St Paul MN 55113-5313, Phone: 651 646-8629
- Little Canada Historical Society, 515 Little Canada Rd E, Little Canada MN 55117-1633, Phone: 651 766-4044
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 Kellogg Boulevard West, St. Paul, MN 55102-1906
- Minnesota Territorial Pioneers, 176 Snelling Ave N Suite 328, St. Paul, MN 55104-6338, Phone: 651 379-1849
- Vadnais Heights Historical Commission, 800 East County Road E, Vadnais Heights MN 55127-7117, Phone: 651 204-6000
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Ramsey County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ramsey County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Ramsey County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Ramsey County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Ramsey County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.