Pipestone County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Pipestone County, Minnesota Facts
When was Pipestone County, MN Created?
Pipestone County was founded on May 23, 1857 from Brown County.
What counties are adjacent to Pipestone County, MN?
Bordering Counties are Lincoln County, Lyon County, Murray County, Rock County, Minnehaha County, South Dakota, Moody County, South Dakota, Brookings County, South Dakota.
Pipestone County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Pipestone County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Pipestone County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Pipestone County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Pipestone County, MN Census Records
What Pipestone County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Pipestone County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Pipestone Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Pipestone Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Pipestone Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Pipestone Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Pipestone County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Pipestone County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Pipestone County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Pipestone County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Pipestone County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 416 S. Hiawatha, Pipestone , MN 56164
- Phone: (507) 825-6730
- Pipestone County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1877
- Marriage Records: 1879
- Land Records: 1879
- Pipestone County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1880
- Court Records:1879
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Pipestone County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Pipestone County, MN?
A list of Pipestone County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pipestone County Historical Society, 113 S Hiawatha Ave, Pipestone MN 56164-1664, Phone: 507 825-2563 or toll free 1-866-747-3687
- Southwest Minnesota Historical Center, Social Science 141, Southwest Minnesota State University, 1501 State Street, Marshall, MN 56258; (507) 537-7373
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Pipestone County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Pipestone County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Pipestone County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Pipestone County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Pipestone County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.