Murray County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Murray County, Minnesota Facts
When was Murray County, MN Created?
Murray County was founded on May 23, 1857 from Brown County.
Murray County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Murray County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Murray County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Murray County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Murray County, MN Census Records
What Murray County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Murray County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Murray Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Murray Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Murray Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Murray Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Murray County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Murray County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Murray County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Murray County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Murray County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 2500 28th Street, Slayton , MN 56172
- Phone: (507) 836-6163
- Murray County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1873
- Marriage Records: 1872
- Land Records: 1873
- Murray County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: ?
- Court Records: 1879
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Murray County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Murray County, MN?
A list of Murray County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Murray County Historical Society and Museum, PO Box 61, 2480 29th St, Slayton MN 56172-0061; Phone: 507 836-6533
- Fulda Heritage Society, 105 Front St W, Fulda, MN, 56131; hone: (507) 425 – 2201
- End-O-Line Railroad Park & Museum, 440 Mill St, Currie MN 56123-1004, Phone: 507 763-3708
- Southwest Minnesota Historical Center, Social Science 141, Southwest Minnesota State University, 1501 State Street, Marshall, MN 56258; (507) 537-7373
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Murray County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Murray County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Murray County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Murray County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Murray County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.