Morrison County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Morrison County, Minnesota Facts
When was Morrison County, MN Created?
Morrison County was founded on February 25, 1856 from Benton County.
Morrison County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Morrison County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Morrison County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Morrison County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Morrison County, MN Census Records
What Morrison County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Morrison County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Morrison Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Morrison Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Morrison Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Morrison Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Morrison County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Morrison County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Morrison County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Morrison County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Morrison County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 213 First Avenue SE, Little Falls , MN 56345
- Phone: (320) 632-0325
- Morrison County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1870
- Marriage Records: 1866
- Land Records: 1856
- Morrison County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1860
- Court Records: 1857
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Morrison County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Morrison County, MN?
A list of Morrison County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Morrison County Historical Society, PO Box 239, 2151 South Lindbergh Dr, Little Falls MN 56345; Phone: 320-632-4007
- Military Historical Society of Minnesota, Camp Ripley, 15000 Highway 115, Little Falls MN 56345-4173
- Central Minnesota Historical Center, Centennial Hall, Room 148, St. Cloud University, St. Cloud, MN 56301
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Morrison County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Morrison County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Morrison County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Morrison County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Morrison County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.