Fillmore County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Fillmore County, Minnesota Facts
When was Fillmore County, MN Created?
Fillmore County was founded on March 5, 1853 from Wabasha County.
Fillmore County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Fillmore County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Fillmore County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Fillmore County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Fillmore County, MN Census Records
What Fillmore County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Fillmore County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Fillmore Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Fillmore Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Fillmore Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Fillmore Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Fillmore County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Fillmore County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Fillmore County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Fillmore County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Fillmore County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 101 Fillmore Street E., Preston , MN 55965
- Phone: (507) 765-3356
- Fillmore County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1870
- Marriage Records: 1856
- Land Records: 1853
- Fillmore County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1857
- Court Records: 1856
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Fillmore County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Fillmore County, MN?
A list of Fillmore County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Fillmore County History Center and Genealogy Library, 202 County Rd 8 Fountain MN 55935; Phone: 507 268-4449
- Harmony Area Historical Society, PO Box 291, 15 2nd Street NW, Harmony, MN 55939; 507-886-2469
- Peterson Station Museum, PO Box 233, Peterson MN 55962-0233, Museum: 228 Mill St, Peterson MN; Phone: 507 895-2551
- Preston Historical Society, PO Box 138, Preston MN 55965
- Rushford Area Historical Society, 403 East North St., Rushford, MN 55971; Phone:(507) 864-7560
- Spring Valley Community Historical Society, 220 W Courtland St, Spring Valley MN 55975-1232; Phone: 507 346-7659
- Minnesota Historical Society Research Center, 1500 Mississippi Street, St. Paul, MN 55101, (612) 296-6980
- Chatfield Historical Society, 21 Second Street South East, Chatfield MN 55923
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Fillmore County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Fillmore County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Fillmore County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Fillmore County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.