Wabasha County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Wabasha County, Minnesota Facts
When was Wabasha County, MN Created?
Wabasha County was founded on October 27, 1849 from Unorganized Territory.
Wabasha County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Wabasha County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wabasha County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Wabasha County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Wabasha County, MN Census Records
What Wabasha County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Wabasha County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wabasha Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wabasha Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wabasha Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Wabasha Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Wabasha County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Wabasha County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wabasha County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wabasha County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wabasha County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 848 17th St. E., Suite 4, Wabasha , MN 55981
- Phone: (651) 565-3012
- Wabasha County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1870
- Marriage Records: 1865
- Land Records: 1853
- Wabasha County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1856
- Court Records: 1860
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Wabasha County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Wabasha County, MN?
A list of Wabasha County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Wabasha County Historical Society, PO Box 255, Wabasha, MN 55041; Phone: 877 525-3248
- Plainview Area History Center, 40 4th St SW, Plainview MN 55964-1334, Phone: 507 534-4173
- Minnesota Historical Society Research Center, 1500 Mississippi Street, St. Paul, MN 55101, (612) 296-6980
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Wabasha County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Wabasha County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Wabasha County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Wabasha County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Wabasha County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.