Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Genealogy & Facts
Iberville Parish, Louisiana Facts
When was Iberville Parish, LA Created?
Iberville Parish was established on March 31, 1807 as one of the original 19 parishes. (originally created on April 10, 1805 as Iberville County, Louisana Territory as one of the original 12 counties). The parish was named in honor of Explorer Pierre Le Moyne d’Iberville, the brother of Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville.
What counties are adjacent to Iberville Parish, LA?
Bordering Parishes are Pointe Coupee Parish, West Baton Rouge Parish, East Baton Rouge Parish, Ascension Parish, Assumption Parish, Iberia Parish, St. Martin Parish.
What cities and towns are in Iberville Parish, LA?
Cities and towns located in the Parish include Grosse Tete, Maringouin, Plaquemine, Rosedale, St. Gabriel, White Castle.
Iberville Parish, LA Vital Records
Where can find Iberville Parish Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Iberville Parish vital records can be found at the Louisiana Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth and death records since July 1914. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Louisiana for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Iberville Parish Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Louisiana Birth or Death Certificate Application to mail.
The Louisiana State Archives has Birth Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 100 years from the end of the current calendar year. It also has Death Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 50 years from the end of the current calendar year.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Louisiana Marriage Project
- Louisiana, Births and Christenings, 1811-1830; 1854-1934
- Louisiana, Marriages, 1816-1906
- Louisiana, Parish Marriages, 1837-1957
- Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
- Louisiana Marriage Records, 1851-1900
- Louisiana Marriages to 1850
- Marriage contracts of French colonial Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Marriage Records Index, 1831-1920
- Louisiana Death Records Index
- Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1850-1875, 1894-1956
- Louisiana, Statewide Death Index, 1900-1949
- Southwest Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1840-1906
Iberville Parish, LA Census Records
What Iberville Parish, LA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Iberville Parish guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Iberville Parish Slave Schedules can be found for 1850 & 1860. Iberville Parish Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Iberville Parish Industry and Agriculture can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Iberville Parish Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Louisiana Census Records Research Guide
Iberville Parish, LA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Iberville Parish Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Iberville Parish. The years listed below are the first noted records with this parish. See Also Louisiana Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Iberville Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
- Address: 58050 Meriam Street, Plaquemine, LA 70764
- Phone: (225) 687-5160
- Marriage Records: 1770
- Land Records: 1770
- Probate Records: 1807
- Court Records: 1807
- USGenWeb Archives for Iberville Parish
- BLM Land Records
Iberville Parish, LA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Iberville Parish, LA?
A list of Iberville Parish Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Louisiana Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, P.O. Box 94125
- Louisiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 82060, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70884
- Louisiana Historical Society, 5801 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Where can I connect with other Iberville Parish, LA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Louisiana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Iberville Parish, Louisiana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Iberville Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Iberville Parish, LA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Iberville Parish. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a listing which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.