Wolfe County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Wolfe County, Kentucky Facts
What is the County Seat of Wolfe County, KY?
The County Seat is located in Campton additionally, the county government website is unknown
Wolfe County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Wolfe County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wolfe County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & death certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Wolfe County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Wolfe County, KY Census Records
What Wolfe County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Wolfe County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wolfe Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Wolfe Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wolfe Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wolfe Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Wolfe County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Wolfe County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wolfe County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wolfe County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wolfed County Clerk
- Address: 10 Court St., Campton, KY, 41301
- Phone: (606) 668-3492
- Marriage Records: 1861
- Land Records: 1860
- Probate Records: 1885
- Wolfe County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Wolfe County Courthouse, 10 Court St., P.O. Box 296, Campton, KY 41301-0296
- Phone: (606) 668-3736
- Court Records: 1818
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Wolfe County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Wolfe County USGenWeb Archives Project
Wolfe County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Wolfe County, KY?
A list of Wolfe County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Wolfe County Museum & Historical Society, P.O. Box 696, Campton, KY 41301-0696
Where can I connect with other Wolfe County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Wolfe County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Wolfe County
- Wolfe County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYWOLFE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical and historical interest in Wolfe County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- EASTERNKENTUCKY. A mailing list for all researchers who’s ancestors settled in or traveled through the state of Kentucky. Some of the counties covered are Bell, Boyd, Breathitt, Carter, Clay, Elliot, Estill, Floyd, Greenup, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Magoffin, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Rowan, Whitley, Wolfe, and adjacent counties that represent the East Kentucky Coalfields. Additional information can be found on the East Kentucky Genealogy website. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode)
What other genealogical resources are available in Wolfe County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Wolfe County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.