Warren County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Warren County, Kentucky Facts
When was Warren County, KY Created?
Warren County was created on December 19, 1796 from Logan County.
Warren County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Warren County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Warren County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & death certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Warren County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Warren County, KY Census Records
What Warren County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Warren County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Warren Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Warren Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Warren Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Warren County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Warren County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Warren County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Warren County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Warrend County Clerk
- Address: Main St., Bowling Green, KY, 42101
- Phone: (270) 843-5306
- Marriage Records: 1797
- Land Records: 1797
- Probate Records: 1796
- Warren County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Warren County Justice Center, 1001 Center St., Suite 102, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Phone: (270) 746-7400
- Court Records:1796
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Warren County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Warren County USGenWeb Archives Project
Warren County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Warren County, KY?
A list of Warren County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Southern Ky. Genealogical Society, PO Box 1782, Bowling Green KY 42102-1782
Where can I connect with other Warren County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Warren County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Warren County
- Warren County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYWARREN. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Warren County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- SOUTH-CENTRAL-KENTUCKY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the Kentucky counties of Allen, Barren, Cumberland, Edmonson, Green, Hardin, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, and Warren. As well as a place for the posting of queries, the list owner will post source data from these counties on a daily basis (as much as possible) including wills, vital statistics, and cemetery records. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode)
What other genealogical resources are available in Warren County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Warren County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.